Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, and wires this weekend. Can anyone help me with some of the torque specs ( cylinder head covers - y-pipe - spark plugs ) and any other torque values you thing I will need in that area. I think the valve cover nuts are 8.5 N-M ? Is the Y pipe to the intake 30lb? Also the seqence of tightening down the covers. Thx

·
Registered
107 Posts
Grab the service manual stickied on the main page. It has all the specs you need.

It is 8.5 N-m, which is very light. It barely registered on my torque wrench and I sheered a bolt because I overtightened. So, they don't need to be tightened much, only snugged down. The manual doesn't state any specific sequence, I just tightened them all in stages, increasing on all of them gradually until snug.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Saadcee - sorry to sound stupid, but stickied to the homepage? I looked at the homepage, but did not see what where a manual was "stickied" also not sure if you seen my other post on my suspension creaking after my shock and lower ball joint install. Finally got it fixed it was the lower control arm. Everything is nice and quiet now. Did have to take it into the shop to have it diagnosed. That control arm looked fine to me? Was not torn or looked worn in any way. Oh well just glad it is fixed. The valve cover gaskets, plugs, and wires is all I have left to do :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
He beat me to it. Grab that manual, it's very detailed and has every part of the car laid out.

Glad to hear you got the suspension figured out. That was starting to bother me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts