Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone nice enough to post exactly how to change out the tail light? I would appreciate it since the manual doesn't seem to want to have the information in it and I don't really want to break anything in on the ride. Thanks in advance for the person who can help me out. JZ

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,752 Posts
Open your trunk.

Pop out the 2 tabs next to the tail lights. Under the tabs you will see 2 screws. Unscrew these and then pull out the tail lights. After they're out about 3-4 inches, twist off all the light bulbs.

Do the same for the other tail light.

BTW, the right tail light has one extra screw that has to be removed on the tail light itself. You can't miss it once the tail light is off.

Good luck...although you won't need it. It's very easy. :wink:

Alex

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone and especially GraphiteSportDesign for the link with pictures. I ended up changing it out in the parking lot of work so I could drive home without worrying about it anymore. JeffNaber, I appreciate the offer but if I didn't live in AR and lived out there I would have taken you up on the offer just to hang out with fellow is300.netters. Again thanks for all the help and now I am back to my two taillight IS300. JZ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts