Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the install in my car we got the idea to replace a lot of factory wiring. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this and any positive/negative effects. We are planning on replacing: factory ground, engine ground, power to main fuse block, altrenator power wire.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
As far as replacing the grounds. I did that when I did my stereo install. I used 1/0 ga for my main ground. No positive effects only peace of mind. I don't think replacing the alternator wire will gain you anything unless you upgrade to a high output one since it's a pretty hefty one stock (don't know the size, but it looks decent) I don't think there are any voltage drops across the alternator wire since it's a short run and fairly large wire and alternator is not really high current in stock form. Same goes for main power to fuse block, it is engineered from the factory for the proper current rating so no gain would be had here. If you have any large current draws like a amp it should be run off it's own separate powerline and not off the factory wiring in the first place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts