Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on ebay......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexu...33702QQitemZ7999629193QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If my escaine is starting to look kind of crappy is it true I would not have to replace the whole seat? The escaine/leather is just a cover on the seat that is easy to take off and put a new one on? If so does anyone know how much lexus charges for the cover and if installed will it still have the tight factory installed look, or will it look loose like it is just a cover over the seat?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Usually the seat covers are held on with metal pieces called hog rings. It is not very difficult to replace the seat cover, but you must be patient when doing it to make sure it is on perfectly straight and tight so there are no wrinkles. I have seen them put on hastily and they are not as tight and uniform as they were from the factory.

The seat covers are super expensive from lexus (I think around $400 each). For the price of those covers from the dealer it is probably more cost effective to buy a good condition used seat somewhere.

How bad is your ecsaine?

Reactions: irv_usc

·
Registered
547 Posts
MJNOLES1 said:
I saw this on ebay......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexu...33702QQitemZ7999629193QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If my escaine is starting to look kind of crappy is it true I would not have to replace the whole seat? The escaine/leather is just a cover on the seat that is easy to take off and put a new one on? If so does anyone know how much lexus charges for the cover and if installed will it still have the tight factory installed look, or will it look loose like it is just a cover over the seat?

Thanks a lot
I need to do this as well. My driver's is extremely worn and frayed...are you bidding on this item or not (as I don't wanna steal it from you cause that wouldn't be right)? But if not please lemme know so I can buy it myself.

sISp

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
bossman is on the money with this one.

you'd need those covers, new hog rings, and a hog ring tool

oh yeah, and time and patience.

+rep bossman

·
Registered
638 Posts
Front seats will be a pain..literally...very sharp metal..but especially if you have heated seats and those don't. You will have to cut your heated element out..its a foam pad stitched in..and you ill have to use a little upolstery glue to glue the pad the foam. You need time and patience..a couple of band-aids..learn how to best work the hog-ring tool. If anyone needs help..with a step by step..for starters you will definitely have to get the hog-ring pliers online somewhere..even some upholstery places did not have them for sale..buy a BIG bag of hog-rings..both items are cheap.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Nmian said:
You might want to check out http://www.leatherseats.com. They have aftermarket custom fit leather seat covers for a variety of models.

Yea..I heard that place was good too....clublexus had a group buy on those leather seats about a year ago. They might do it again...go search on clublexus..you will find some results.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the long response time "speedisprecious I hope it is not to late for you. I was not going to bid on that auction because that seat cover has piping on the sides which my seat does not have.

"BossMan" It's fraying where your ass sits on my car its wearing like the escaine is starting to come off on where you sit.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
BossMan said:
Usually the seat covers are held on with metal pieces called hog rings. It is not very difficult to replace the seat cover, but you must be patient when doing it to make sure it is on perfectly straight and tight so there are no wrinkles. I have seen them put on hastily and they are not as tight and uniform as they were from the factory.

The seat covers are super expensive from lexus (I think around $400 each). For the price of those covers from the dealer it is probably more cost effective to buy a good condition used seat somewhere.

How bad is your ecsaine?

more expensive than 400, just the top part of my seat was about 600 to replace. so i am guessing about 1000 to buy the whole new seat cover from lexus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts