Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, sorry if this is a repost, but I honestly did not find on the search what I am looking for.

I am going to replace the Front Brakes on my IS250 (both Rotors and Pads) and I am obviously going to do it myself as bringing the car to Lexus Dealer means giving them over $400 for labor that should be no more than $150.

So, what I need is to know the correct torque to put the Calipers and any other bolt I might have to remove (including the wheels) back into place.

Does anybody has that information?

If not, does anybody know if this is found at the Toyota/Lexus Technical Document Download page? I had a subscription but only for 24 hours and I forgot to look for the Brakes section (stupid me :pissed: lol). If this is the case, also please let me know the link for it as I can’t find it in my Favorites (I have wayyyyy too many favs already) and I will just get another 24 hour pass to download the tech docs.

Thank you for your help.

PS. In case you want to know, I am replacing the brakes with the Trinet Front Brake Kit using the XDrilled/Slotted Rotors and Semi-Metallic Pads for about $150 shipped :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ANYBODY HOME????

Ok, I found the link for the tech Info: https://techinfo.toyota.com

But the freaking site is having problems and I can't get to register. I'm gonna wait since I still haven't received the Brake Kit. I'll try to register for the 2 day pass again tomorrow.

If anybody happens to know the correct Torque for the Calipers bolts, please let me know anyways.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, since nobody posted anything expect for myself, I am closing this with the results:

I was able to download all the information, instructions, pictures and misc information from the Toyota tech site.

I will be replacing the front brakes probably next weekend.

Most important, I have the correct torque to put back all bolts which is what had me worried.

Thank you anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.