Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...I am new to the board and just got my 2001 IS last week. Although I thought I checked out all of the lights when I bought it, I must of missed the fog light. I noticed the driver side fog light was out, how would I go about changing the bulb? I looked in the manual and it listed the bulb as a HB4 W-51 type C. Any help or recommendations would be helpful.

·
Registered
827 Posts
9006 is the bulb if i remember right

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
to replace the fog light bulb you'll need to take off the front bumper and then remove the clip on the back of the housing to pull the bulb out. There is a tutorial on removing the bumper if you search it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
No you do not have to take off the front bumper. The fog lights are bolted onto the bumper. find the 2 bolts, the are in the side of the foglight, unbolt them the fog light slides out and now you can replace the bulb.

BUN

·
Registered
593 Posts
Whoa there guys! It's alot easier. Turn your wheels to the right. Pop out the two black plastic rivits that hold the plastic wheel well to the fender. Partially pry out the plastic wheel well to access the rear of the foglight, back of the sidemarker, etc. Twist off the dust cap from the back of the foglight and there is your bulb for replacement. 9006 should be right for 2001.

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
Whoa there guys! It's alot easier. Turn your wheels the right. Pop out the two black plastic rivits that hold the plastic wheel well to the fender. Partially pry out the plastic wheel well to access the rear of the foglights, back of the sidemarker, etc. Twist off the dust cap from the back of the foglight and there is your bulb for replacement. 9006 should be right for 2001.
exactly what i was going to post.

there is absolutely no need to pull off the bumper, take out the fog lights housings, or anything drastic.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Whoa there guys! It's alot easier. Turn your wheels the right. Pop out the two black plastic rivits that hold the plastic wheel well to the fender. Partially pry out the plastic wheel well to access the rear of the foglight, back of the sidemarker, etc. Twist off the dust cap from the back of the foglight and there is your bulb for replacement. 9006 should be right for 2001.
Thanks for the simple write-up. I was able to change a burned out fog in 15 minutes this way. +rep

·
Registered
355 Posts
should take 5 min through the fenderwell as long as you have small hands

1 - 15 of 15 Posts