Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping a buddy replace his clutch in his 03 IS300. I have been doing a lot of searching on the forum and found some good info but I would like as much as possible. Any help would be great such as tips, tricks, other websites with good info on changing a clutch. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Its funny since that thread was just up in the active section recently

·
Registered
288 Posts
i did mine about a week ago. very easy other then getting the tranny in and out. Its just very tight up in there.. it took my and my buddy 5 hours on a lift to complete the job..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to search bro

YO! BRO I have searched my brains out trying to get as much useful information as possible before I tear into my buddies car. I believe I found just about everything I am looking for the only question I have left is there a clutch fluid I should use specifically or is it just brake fluid that the clutch system uses. Thanks to everyone that has made a useful contribution to this thread.

·
Registered
820 Posts
YO! BRO I have searched my brains out trying to get as much useful information as possible before I tear into my buddies car. I believe I found just about everything I am looking for the only question I have left is there a clutch fluid I should use specifically or is it just brake fluid that the clutch system uses. Thanks to everyone that has made a useful contribution to this thread.
Brake fluid is fine... Thats what I've always used before and have read to use that in the past... :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dot 3 Brake fluid is recommended for our Is300 if you look on the cover of the master cylinder.
Thanks you have been a big help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts