Lexus IS Forum banner

Replacement Tires

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Gametime182 
#1 ·
Hi IS community. I do not think I ever bought car tires in my life before, honestly. For IS300, what are good-decent tires to buy? I'm mainly looking for tire-life with a little bit of performace on it. Please state price/brand/place to get it. Thank you.

#8 ·
dont be mad no one gave you what you wanted. you didnt give enough information.
like what size you need for price. and asking others about tread life is a bad idea. those that drive their IS like a sports sedan, meaning cornering hard and accelerating and braking hard will have a lower tread life than those that just drive normaly. i parsonaly had some falken azenis rt615's on a different can and had quite a long life out of them for a tire that has a 200 wear rate.
others opinions will likely be different than your own for a certian tire.

#9 ·
I'm mainly looking for tire-life with a little bit of performace on it.
= UHP All Seasons (which mainly means rain and colder temps, only snow tires do well in the snow)

My personal choices in stock size:
Yokohama Avid W4S - $95
Yokohama Advan S4 = $171
from the list:
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position - $155

Prices are from tire rack and are better than most. You're only issue there is you'll have to get them mounted... no one stop shopping. If you go to a shop for those tires I'd expect them to cost at least 50% more.

edit:
I'm ashamed I didn't notice this before...
In the top 5 UHP thread:
Yokohama V and W4S

Excellent tread life for a performance tire, if you are looking for tread life and performance this is a good one.

#10 ·
If you want thread life with decent performance, I say go with Michelin Pilot Excalto A/S. They are also pretty good in snow for all-season tires. And pretty decent in everything else, not great but just decent. But I'm sure they would be plenty enough for daily driven vehicle.

#12 ·
KUHMO ECSTA AST'S!!!!! FROM The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels

$70-80 PER TIRE. BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK. Sometimes they are on sale for under $70. I bought mine 4-5 months ago and I still have lots of tread. This is the perfect tire for those who live in Cali. No snow, not many rough roads, no terrain. Just make sure to rotate your tires every 3000 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.