Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

My ... ex/gf broke this. I talked to 3 Lexus Service Dept and they all told me $6,600 because it comes in a unit. The screen is not sold seperately. I got laid off recently. My insurance doesn't cover. I really want to cry.

Could you guys help me find a replacement screen? And can this be done at home by myself?

Thank you so much!

I might not be responsive to other posts around the forum but I do drop by sometimes to read them. Thanks!

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
search ebay, there are alot on there.. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi.

Sorry I can't help, but I had done some research for something similar. Many times the manufacturers of the screens will custom spec them out to the OEM's (either Lexus or the contractor who put the actual nav unit together), and those parts aren't available in a retail format. You can't just buy the one part, because there is no staff to fulfill those types of orders.

I'm sure there are plenty of people on ebay selling their stock navi unit because they upgraded with an aftermarket one.

Sorry about your loss :(

-will

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi.

Sorry I can't help, but I had done some research for something similar. Many times the manufacturers of the screens will custom spec them out to the OEM's (either Lexus or the contractor who put the actual nav unit together), and those parts aren't available in a retail format. You can't just buy the one part, because there is no staff to fulfill those types of orders.

I'm sure there are plenty of people on ebay selling their stock navi unit because they upgraded with an aftermarket one.

Sorry about your loss :(

-will
hi will - thanks. i agree with you. after market nav would be my last option. probably not ATM.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The newbie at the dealer is quoting you a new unit, thats not how it works.
They are supposed to call the manufacturer (based on the part number on the back
or model number on the front) and get a price for a "customer pay exchange unit"
Its the same for warranty repairs. You don't order a new radio, you have the maker
send you a refurbished one.
BTW this is probably a Denso unit and will cost you $2000 to $2500 for a refurb but you will have at least a one year warranty against defects (not smashing it tho:))

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the nav screen for the IS (includes the digitizer) for $400. It is very easy to replace. I can point you to a You Tube video that shows how to take the unit apart. I replaced my nav screen in less than 2 hrs. If anyone needs a screen, drop me a note with your contact info (e-mail only). I only have 7 left.

ivesleo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts