Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you guys have replaced your wiper's ? i've got an 01' and i think mine are finally shot! what are some good replacement wipers that are better than stock ones.

8)

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Re: wiper's

Mike 1 said:
how many of you guys have replaced your wiper's ? i've got an 01' and i think mine are finally shot! what are some good replacement wipers that are better than stock ones.

8)
Any kind is good, the PIAA polyurethane wiper blades are the best IMHO.

advantages of poly:

No noise
Coats windshield w/ some substance that makes water bead better
lasts longer
and many others

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

CharlieD06 said:
Mike 1 said:

8)

advantages of poly:

No noise
lasts longer
and many others
did you replace yours?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

advantages of poly:

No noise
lasts longer
and many others[/quote]

I got those windshield wipers, PIAA but i got the Carbon Fiber ones. They look awesome too with the car. I mean they are pretty pricy though like 30 bucks a wiper. I recommend these![/quote]

where did you get them from? and what part of pa do you live?

·
Banned
4,334 Posts

Mike 1 said:
CharlieD06 said:
Mike 1 said:

8)

advantages of poly:

No noise
lasts longer
and many others
did you replace yours?
nope, no need to...YET.
I just know from experience...My parents 4Runner went through 6 sets in 2 years (OEM TOYOTA), then we saw the PIAA's in the Performance Products Catalog, ordered them, and have had them for a little over a year now, still good as new. And yes, they do make them in CarbonFiber LOOK!. Really close, just black w/ square/diamond shaped silver dots.Tacky IMHO

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the PIAA carbon fiber blades, 22" and 20" inches. They work great and look great too.

02 onyx - Vis Dual Vented Carbon Fiber Hood - G2 Red Calipers - JSP "The CF Blade" - Omega Max 2 Way Alarm/Starter- Tint - Clear
side markers -XM Roady - 12"IDMAX - Aluminum Dashkit next!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Mike 1 said:

8)
A year or two ago Consumer's Reports did a long-term review of wiper blades. They found out that the Toyota OEM blades were better and lasted longer than any of the aftermarket ones, even the fancy silicone, tubocharged Teflon coated jobs!

Having driven Toyotas for decades, I always wondered why the OEM set would last 2-3 years and then after that I found myself replacing the blades every year or less using aftermarket ones. I always thought it was because the windshield got pitted and rough, causing them to wear faster. Well, two years ago, after reading that issue of CR, I decided to replace my wife's Sienna's blades with Toyota OEMs and they seem to be going strong two years later in spite of an old pitted windscreen.

Try the Toyota/Lexus OEM blades.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
the Trico Teflon blades are pretty good and not too expensive either only around $5 a piece for the inserts.

I tried the bosch dual compound ones and they didn't last more then a year before they separated. piece of junk that cost a lot.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
hm...id like to know more about that COke trick...
but i cant seem to find that darn thread

·
Registered
589 Posts
I just replaced mine but went with the OEM ones. $11 for the two and they work great. I've had the orignials for over a year and a half.

·
Registered
769 Posts
i've had my PIAA on for almost a year now, they still work like they're new. Definitely recommend them as a replacement if you're looking for some. i got mine from iMotorGear

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.