Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
dont forget to replace your ac filters! i had about 18K on my car and thought there was a funky smell in my car! i bought an ac filter for about $27 at Lexus dealer parts, popped open the glove compartment and switched out the filter. omg, the filter had dust, some leaves, and other gak on it. now my car doesnt smell funky...hahah. so, just a reminder for you guys, dont forget to replace your ac filters...hahah.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
lol :lol: :lol: where were you driving!

·
Registered
769 Posts
next time try going with a 3M household a/c filter from Home Depot. Costs you 12 bucks max, and you can cut out at least 4 filters out of the whole sheet. Works great and saves a bundle.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Whoo--this sounded like a good idea when I read your post, so as I was
driving down Wilshire Blvd this morning in Bev Hills, I spotted Jim Falk
Lexus, and stopped to buy a filter.

The parts guy said $54+tax, and I decided to pass after noting that you had paid only about half that much.

Can you tell me where you bought your filter, please. I live in Long Beach.

Also, the post above about the Home Depot filter also doesn't sound like
too bad an idea. I may give that a shot first.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rseifer

that is too much from jim falk in beverly hills. i think the reason for the markup is the beverly hills factor. i got mine from tustin lexus for around $27. im not sure about the home depot idea. sure, ur saving a little money but the lexus ac filter fits perfectly into the plastic clips/snaps. also, u can shop around easily by just calling the parts department of some nearby lexus dealers so you dont have to travel down to the OC. or im sure you can have it shipped...hahah. happy hunting and good luck.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks for the steer, guys. I'll try the Irontoad and the others. I don't mind spending $$ on the car when it appears necessary, but I just about
gagged at the thought of paying $54 for a paper filter.

Best wishes for the new year to everybody on the .net

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
what is the part number on this filter? From Toyota

David

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
is300sam2002 said:
Interior cabin a/c filter
Code: 87139-48020
Price: $18.76

That's the number that irontoad uses.
LMAO THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!

maybe ill order a bunch of these, is there a big need for them from people here?

David

·
Registered
946 Posts
is300soon said:
is300sam2002 said:
Interior cabin a/c filter
Code: 87139-48020
Price: $18.76

That's the number that irontoad uses.
LMAO THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!

maybe ill order a bunch of these, is there a big need for them from people here?

David
I see people asking when they first find out there is a cabin filter, and then when they go to the Lexus dealer and find out the prices.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts