Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just nearly completely destroyed my rear speakers when I was installing a set of subs.. the gold wire that goes to the speaker from the wires is torn up.. oh well, my qusetion to you all now is

should I just bring it back to Lexus and have them replace them back to stock, or should I just go aftermarket?

If it's not too much trouble, can you guys tell me where I can get a good deal on them and how's pricing comes,and where I can get some good deals

thanks for your time

·
8,880 Posts
Well, considering there is no exact aftermarket match to our stock speakers, you might as well buy the whole aftermarket setup, inluding speakers and an amp.

If not, just post WTB on speakers in the member sale/trade forum and I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to sell you their OEM speakers at a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

if i was considering aftermarket, what prices should i be looking at, and also, where can i possibily mount the amp for it? cause im having a hard time finding a place for the subs, let alone find a place to fit another one

one last thing, where can i find instructions how to remove to entire back panel to reveal the speakers??

·
8,880 Posts
Search is your best friend. :eek: :roll:
I did when I was taking the rear deck apart.
In short, you need to remove the seats, remove the brake light, if any, unscrew child seat hooks (plastic cover snaps off), slide out the rear deck, pulling it in the middle to get one of the clips out.

As far as the amp location, try a search. You're not the first one to attempt that type of install.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Rear deck = not fun

Gaining access to the rear speakers is a pain! I would recommend going back to the dealership and having them replace them if they'll do it for ya. But if you are going with aftermarket speakers, I would do it yourself. Wouldn't be too bad if they would have just designed the rear deck speaker covers to just pop off (like every other toyota product pretty much has) but nooooooooo, we had to overengineer the hell out of it and make it difficult, whoopie!! :bitching: Anyway, the dealer is going to charge you an arm and a leg for the replacement ones as well, which just isn't worth it. Go into the buy/sell/trade forum on this site, and I am sure you will find a replacement for a decent price.

L8r

1 - 5 of 5 Posts