Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has been able to repair scratches / chips on either the front or rear bumper.

I have tried to repair a scratch or chip using the dealer touchup paint and lanka blob remover, the paint doesn't stick in the scratch. It get's rubbed off.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry, honey. you can't do anything about the scratch. i had a couple on mines but my friend who is a detailer said i can't have it fixed. since the bumper is plastic and if there is a scratch, the only way to do it is if you take it to the body shop. sorry, no can do. unless you want to get your whole bumper repainted, like i did, which will cost about $300 or so. hope this helped. trust me if you fix it now, you will get more later. there are always some careless person that parks behind or in front of you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
does the paint on the IS chip easily or is it just wear and tear? i noticed several people mentioning chips on their cars as well

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by IS4me:
does the paint on the IS chip easily or is it just wear and tear? i noticed several people mentioning chips on their cars as well
I think mainly wear and tear. There are some people who think the paint chips easier, but I'm not one of them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by azn_05:
sorry, honey. you can't do anything about the scratch. i had a couple on mines but my friend who is a detailer said i can't have it fixed. since the bumper is plastic and if there is a scratch, the only way to do it is if you take it to the body shop. sorry, no can do. unless you want to get your whole bumper repainted, like i did, which will cost about $300 or so. hope this helped. trust me if you fix it now, you will get more later. there are always some careless person that parks behind or in front of you.
Thanks azn. I guess I'll live with it for now! Maybe I'll do the bumper when I get the hood refinished a year or two down the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
azn_05
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing