Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I recently have had problems with my Throttle body in my 2002 Lexus is300. Originally I thought it was something to do with my tps (because of the code thrown) but after researching more I found that is a symptomatic problem from probably caused by faulty wiring or pcm. At this point I decided to have to car inspected professionally by a shop. They ran fuel pressure tests, some voltage tests and a handful of other tests including pulling the codes ( which I already knew of) they came back with a diagnosis of a new throttle body and new wiring harness. (5k in repairs ?) okay I understand that it’s a pain In the ass to replace a wiring harness but god damn 5k, should I not do an engine swap at that point lol and also 1900 for a new throttle body? Idk anyways, now the car is sitting outside of my apartment, my plan is to replace the throttle body and do my best to identify faulty wiring that needs repaired. Okay so my question is, should I only focus on the wiring to the throttle body sensors? And does anyone have any info that might benefit me on my journey to repairing the wiring. I am not a professional at all and would appreciate any input I can get. The symptoms I’m having with my car is it will start, idle rough until the point of dying then it will either die or jump up to 2k rpm then it will slowly drop and either repeat that process or die. Thanks much appreciated y’all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts