Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been through alot its first 3 yrs of life and i have scratches and small dents all around and also a repainted door ( got keyed :cry: last summer) I was thinking it would be a nice present to my self and my car to get the whole thing repainted this Christmas season. What kind of price ranges do you think I should expect for getting the entire car painted the original color (black)? And wht kind of prices would I encounter if I was to change the color (not including the engine bay) to blue?

Well: heres a pic, cant really see all of the imperfections until your somewhat closer to the car though...

·
Banned
538 Posts
It all depends on the quality you desire and the connections you have.

I would expect to pay $3K for a high quality paint job.

I would expect to pay $5k+ for a new color paint with all jams done properly. Maybe more depending upon your area.

If you want blue that bad I would just sell the car and buy a blue one :crazy:

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
original color would be around 2500 to 3500 depending on the shop.
changing color around 5-6k, depending on the color and paint you want.

I've painted my whole car 2 times and going on for a 3 shot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lexusloversdotcom said:

I would expect to pay $5k+ for a new color paint with all jams done properly. Maybe more depending upon your area.

One of the reasons I wanted to repaint the car was so in 2005 when i trade in for the nxt gen IS I wont get pulled to much for the car. Especially since the repainted door I have is fresher looking than the OEM paint.
I also want to replace the rear bumper also, from a hit and run that happened a few months ago how much would a OEM bumper go for? Lexus of pembroke pines wants to charge me 600 for it not including labor :pissed:

·
Registered
248 Posts
to get all the lil dents removed..... and repaint same color, and have it done RIGHT.... 4000.00

new color DONE RIGHT??? with the engine bay painted, door sills etc... around 8000.00

remember, thats having the job done professionally.... where they'll take a month to do the car because they make sure the paint is super smooth and clean in the end, and make sure they dont paint any parts that shouldnt be painted.....

·
Vendor
4,596 Posts
KryptoniK said:
to get all the lil dents removed..... and repaint same color, and have it done RIGHT.... 4000.00

new color DONE RIGHT??? with the engine bay painted, door sills etc... around 8000.00

remember, thats having the job done professionally.... where they'll take a month to do the car because they make sure the paint is super smooth and clean in the end, and make sure they dont paint any parts that shouldnt be painted.....
right in line
but mine was in for 4 months :pissed:
and i am getting it redone because I M ANL :lol:
price:$3500 with 10 hrs of custom. would have been perfect if the painter had more experience so now a guy with 20+ yrs is gonna do it right ;)

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Izzo300 said:
lexusloversdotcom said:

One of the reasons I wanted to repaint the car was so in 2005 when i trade in for the nxt gen IS I wont get pulled to much for the car. Especially since the repainted door I have is fresher looking than the OEM paint.
I also want to replace the rear bumper also, from a hit and run that happened a few months ago how much would a OEM bumper go for? Lexus of pembroke pines wants to charge me 600 for it not including labor :pissed:
buy a used rear bumper from .net If you are re-painting, buy one in any color. You can get one in the FS forum for less than $200. I paid $150 shipped for mine...

And if you are going to fork over the money to change the color, change it to a different color than the factory colors. Pick something unique and cool......

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
if your repainting it to get a better resale value at the dealer you are sadly misstaken. dealers don't want cars that have been painted. it brings the resale value down. trust me on this, i learned from experience!!!!!

·
Vendor
4,596 Posts
fuct said:
if your repainting it to get a better resale value at the dealer you are sadly misstaken. dealers don't want cars that have been painted. it brings the resale value down. trust me on this, i learned from experience!!!!!
I agree.
I think the only possible way it would icrease value would be if you sold it at a show, otherwise expect to keep it a while. After all, once you paint it, it is truely "your" car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.