Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I'm new to this site and I was wondering if anyone new where I could rent an is300 in the NY area. My boyfriend loves the car but right now $$ is a little tight. I figured for his birthday (in only a month) I would do the next best thing and rent it for the weekend. I've been trying this for his B-day and other occasions for a little over a year but can never find somewhere that will rent one. If anyone has any suggestions or knows where I can rent one I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
First off, welcome aboard and enjoy surfing the site. :)

I really don't know of any rental company having an IS on their fleet of rental. But I have heard of a company that rents high end vehicles, just don't remember the name. Try Google and go to luxury car rentals.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The best thing is to look in the phone book for luxury and exotic car rentals. Big chain car rentals like Hertz will not have Lexus in general. This is due to fleet sales.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for welcoming me. This seems like a really cool site so far. It's great that I can get replies so quick. I've been trying to look up car rental companies. Turns out the is300 is too luxurious for normal rental companies and not luxurious enough for the ones that have exotic or luxury cars. The have other lexus, just not the is300. But, I have a month left so I'm going to keep looking. At least it looks like I'll be able to get the hotel I wanted. Thanks again. Keep me updated if you guys hear anything.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
You could try the Lexus dealer. They have loaner vehicles which usually comprise of ES300s and RX300s but they sometimes loan out cars that were previously demos and such. I am sure they would rent out a loaner if you asked the right way.

·
Registered
796 Posts
maybe go to the dealer and act serious about buying one, then maybe you can get them to let you take it for a few days....just because you need to get a "feel" for the car and help with the decision...wink..wink

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Doubt you'll find a rental IS300 in NY, I tried doing that before I got one a few years ago. As polvo said go to a dealer and ask to try it out for the weekend...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
if you have a lexus already, you can just send ur lexus in for service and ask for an is300 as a lowner

·
Registered
354 Posts
You may try one of the specialty or high-end rental places, the places where you see Vipers and Ferrari's being rented out (there's usually one or two in every town, and dozens in Vegas). May be hard to find now, though, especially since the IS250 and IS350 are almost here, and the IS300 is pretty much clearanced out.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Lexus123 said:
Thanks for welcoming me. This seems like a really cool site so far. It's great that I can get replies so quick. I've been trying to look up car rental companies. Turns out the is300 is too luxurious for normal rental companies and not luxurious enough for the ones that have exotic or luxury cars. The have other lexus, just not the is300. But, I have a month left so I'm going to keep looking. At least it looks like I'll be able to get the hotel I wanted. Thanks again. Keep me updated if you guys hear anything.
you don't need to make things difficult for yourself. for the right price, you probably could find somebody in this forum who is local to you that may be willing to rent his/her car for a week end. somebody has already expressed interest.

·
Registered
910 Posts
DonCorleone said:
You could try the Lexus dealer. They have loaner vehicles which usually comprise of ES300s and RX300s but they sometimes loan out cars that were previously demos and such. I am sure they would rent out a loaner if you asked the right way.
wear something that shows alot of clevage, guys love that stuff and pout your lip and look all sad, You shouldn't have a problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts