Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know how to remove the navi control from the center console with out taking the whole console off? I have a dash kit and was able to install it everywhere but there. The navi control/ cup holder's base is too big to fit it right over. So i need to put the dash kit piece underneath it. I tried pulling it off but I wasnt sure if it would rip any wires or break anything. TIA

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
im really not sure what you're trying to describe here about the dash kit you got. maybe you can add a picture showing what you mean, or clarify what you mean by the base being to big to fit the dash kit piece over it.

either way, if you do end up needing to remove the center console, its REALLY easy to take off, takes 3-4 minutes.
ill explain to you how to do it if thats what you need, but maybe you wont need to do that.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gimme a few min... i'll get some more pics up

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The size of the stock navi controls is bigger than the inner diameter(?) of the dash kit piece... so I can not simply just put it over the navi control, it has the go under. Does that make sense?

View attachment 15575

View attachment 15576

Please excuse the mess :blush:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would say you have to take the Dash out, to remove the wiring and then you can take it off from the top.

good luck Dude!

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
The size of the stock navi controls is bigger than the inner diameter(?) of the dash kit piece... so I can not simply just put it over the navi control, it has the go under. Does that make sense?

View attachment 15575

View attachment 15576

Please excuse the mess :blush:
okay. thats what i thought was the situation.
my question now is, even if you remove the navi controls so that you can stick on that dash kit piece, how will you get the navi controls back into place (there'll be the kit piece under it, and it wont sit all the way back down onto the center console). i hope that just made sense. let me know

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
and which is your car, the manual one or the automatic one in that first picture? (did you just use a random picture for that first one?)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The first pic was just a random pic of an IS300 interior. The 2nd set of pics is from my car

·
Registered
125 Posts
In order to remove that navi control, you're going to have to remove that whole center console. There will be some screws underneath that is holding that navi control.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts