Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have an 01 IS, and i'm putting a duel gauge pod on the pillar. i need to know how to remove the pillar so i can do all the holes and all on it. just would like to know how to remove the pillar.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't know how but I'm so psyched to see you're at that stage of development. I can recall when you started it so it's sweet to know that you're there!

sISp

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone on knowing how to pull it off? do you just pull it off, or are there some tabs or anything....where etc....

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
thksdad said:
anyone on knowing how to pull it off? do you just pull it off, or are there some tabs or anything....where etc....
Just pop it out starting at the top..when you get to the bottom part by the dash..it will pull straight up..As you do not have an airbag, its pretty simple.

There is no secret tabs or bolts.

Digger08

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey, i pulled it a little, and i see some tabs of somesort. i don't know if i did, but, i think i might have cracked a tab. and, now, my pillar doesn't want to sit flush like it was before. what now...?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
You can think this out logically. If you want to learn how to do things, don't ask first. Make an attempt first and ask questions when you're stuck.

1. If you broke something, then it's technically "broken" and you will either have to fix this or remedy it somehow.
2. In order to fix or remedy it, you have to take off the pillar since that is the only way you can see the problem and get access to it.
3. Take off the pillar. Try and finger out whether there is a problem or not. Then come back and ask if it's something you can't finger out.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
why do you need a dual gauge pod anyway?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i'm getting nitrous, and so, i need a nitrous gauge for that, and, i'll also put airfule gauge...but, thats just me.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
thksdad said:
well, i'm getting nitrous, and so, i need a nitrous gauge for that, and, i'll also put airfule gauge...but, thats just me.
For you I'd recommend you take it to someone and let them handle it.

That is unless you feel like you can develop some finesse and let logic take it's course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts