Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the unfortunate victim of Lexus' dumb ass idea to hand paint pinstripes on their cars. The pinstripes have driven me nuts for almost a year, and I need to get them off immediately. I can't take it anylonger!! :pissed:

Any suggestions. Most body/paint shops that I've contacted are hessitant to do it because of the possible paint damage. I haven't found anyone willing to warranty their work.

Has anyone had this done before? I've scoured the Internet for months, but have found minimal information.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just get the strips wet sanded off by a reputable detailer. Then just buff the car. If you were in Miami i could have reccomended you to someone that has done it for me many times. :D

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Those pinstripes come off so easily. I dont understand why shop is so hesitant. You dont even have to sand them, you can use a solvent. The paint used for the pinstripe is much less durable than the clearcoat, so you can wipe them right off.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm going to take it to someone next week who claims they can do it. I appreciate all of your posts.

Jason

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tell me about it. I wish you guys new how badly I want to get these removed. I'm having it done next week. I'll let you all know how it went.

Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts