Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 is300
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I messed up and thought I could give my hood a light polish and remove some light scratches and bring back some depth. I used a rotary with a finishing pad and m205 with the lowest speed but still have some swirling. I used a clay bar and clean surface. I have a 02 so it's the itenza blue pearl I believe. I also have alot of rock chips so any tips with working around those would be great.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,200 Posts
This sounds more like a question for Google or Youtube where the pros are, but I wonder if maybe using a higher speed would have yeilded a better result. High speed, less pressure, lots of movement to not burn or dig or melt the finish. Maybe your pad had some very tiny grit in it.

·
Registered
2002 is300
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This sounds more like a question for Google or Youtube where the pros are, but I wonder if maybe using a higher speed would have yeilded a better result. High speed, less pressure, lots of movement to not burn or dig or melt the finish. Maybe your pad had some very tiny grit in it.
Seems like this Era of lexus has some really soft paint and I was just curious if anyone had a method that worked well. I've tried all different styles of less pressure faster slower washed the pads out. No clearcoat melting or anything just some really light swirling you can only see it in the sun at the right angle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts