Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. I looked everywhere but didn't come up w/ anything. I need a link for removing the factory front upper grille. I have an 01 and want to change to an 02. Is it hard and how long does it take. Please post links and pics if possible. Thanks :)

PS - Please don't flame me. :shame: I really tried to look before posting this topic

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks so much for the help. I just completed switching grills. The screws were a bit tricky and I almost lost one but everything worked out fine. Thanks again!!!! :D

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AzNrAcEr: Thanks for sending me the grille! I like it a lot. The shipping time was longer than expected but well worth it. Thanks again guys!>>>...

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
no need for pics ..........2 clips on each end .......and one screw in the middle..........then there are 3 attacher pieces(sorry don't know official name) on the bottom of the grill attaching it to the bumper. Just push these up with your finger and remove........simple!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
open the hood

remove the 2 plastic fasteners ( look like phillips head screws ) on either side of the grille, just make one turn until it pops up and pull out, use pliers if theyre stuck, dont damage them

remove one metal phillips head screw behind grille ( located on top, middle upper radiator support brace )

push bottom of grille in to loosen the clips from bumper

pull up slightly and wiggle the left and right flanges out one at a time

easy sneezy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
fusion
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing