Lexus IS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to remove the rear emblems on the car so that I can replace them when I give the car back after the lease? Any suggestions? I know to use dental floss and such, but what about having to reapply them? Thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
well yeah and fishing line works as well....and for replacing them you just have to get the 3m tape to put them back on.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
orbity9195 said:
What is the best way to remove the rear emblems on the car so that I can replace them when I give the car back after the lease? Any suggestions? I know to use dental floss and such, but what about having to reapply them? Thanks
I think the dubble sided tape is too thick, SupermanIS did a real clean job on his with some 3M glue, you should give him a PM. As far as removing and making it look clean, I just took one of mine off when my car had been in the sun for a while and the sticky glue stuff just rolled off using my fingers. A little Turlte car wax that was sitting around cleaned up the out line stuff I couldn't get with my nails pretty well. Good luck

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
It shouldn't be hard to remove the Lexus emblem, just use a good fishing line or dental floss, and maybe a blowdryer.

I will do this tomorrow or this weekend when the weather is cooperative.

-Ringo

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
regular 3m double sided is too thick. they have a super thin kind that works well. you just need to clean off the original adhesive from the emblem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.