Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, if some one could help me out with taking out the Dash *lining* not the whole dash, just the plastic type material.

whats seen in yellow there, I've searched and found only how to remove the WHOLE entire dash.

And if you've done and accomplished this. Was it hard? How long did it take? Any troubles?

Thanks, Marco.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
you have to remove the whole dash. the yellow part is still part of the one piece dash. it was painted to seem like its a 2 piece, but it all has to be removed.

(with exception to the drivers side dash piece)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn! Okie Doke...I'll get to it then, i'll post pics of how it goes

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
umm, whos knows what kind of paint was used/to use when painting the dash. Also did should you sand it?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Good luck, a buddy of mine had his dash done like that and there are tons of pieces and millions of screws so I hope your organized. Thats all I know

Reactions: Marco123

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, yeah i've got it set and tapped off and the whole 9 yards. But i wana know which paint is best to use, also was any sanding involved

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
hey marco,
i live in aventura, not sure if that's near you. could i by chance stop by while you're doing this to see how involved it is. ive seen pictures of it being done and spoken to people that have done it, but i'd love to see it in person.
let me know, that'd be awesome.

·
Registered
796 Posts
My buddy went Berjam Auto to have it done, call them up and ask for Keith the owner and maybe you can pick his brain a little on the paint.

Berjam Auto Creations

·
Registered
887 Posts
This could help....... i'll have to change my dash next summer.... been hit by a golf ball and the dash if messed up.... a friend of me working at Toyota dealer sent thoses files to me ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I call berjam auto... just to check it out, And they want 850 BUCKS! That's just f**king retarded im sorry.

·
Registered
396 Posts
does that include the labor to take the dash apart and reinstall? its a PIA to do.
I don't understand why people justify overpricing a service all because it's a pain in the ass. There's always somebody willing to do it for much cheaper and can guarantee their work just as good as the next money-whore.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not even if its a pain in the ass. Supposedly its supposed to take a little under 2 hours?? to take off and put back, he wanted the 850 for taking off, painting, and putting back. I was thinking more of the line of 300-350 ish. boy was i wrong lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
you can remove it yourself, sand it out with on wet 600, then 1000, dont forget to mask everything that doesn't get painted. then bring it body shop, paint it and put the dash back in, it's not as much work as you think, just get started and it's easy, just try to enjoy it while you're doing it, that helps a lot. Another note is to take pictures of every step, if you want to put it all back together right first time, there is almost no way you can remember EVERYTHING, so pictures will be helpful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts