Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone putting remote start in. I went to lexus to see how much it would cost. They told me like 400 something dollars, plus i had to lose a key. They needed to take a chip out of the valet key.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Originally posted by Lexisny:
Is anyone putting remote start in. I went to lexus to see how much it would cost. They told me like 400 something dollars, plus i had to lose a key. They needed to take a chip out of the valet key.
I thought of doing this myself but I KNOW I can get it done from somewhere OTHER than Lexus for half that OR LESS. But I didnt know anything about having to lose a key. I will have to look into this....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno about the 4 runner. My sister has one and she doesn't have a chip in the key, but the Is does. I also have an expedition and i had to lose a key in order to make the remote start work.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i was thinking bouts installing one too... but still waitin for some1 ta install it first ta see how well it went... and stuff... yoo TEG u know anything bouts remote start for the is??? oh ya do any of you guys kno how much it cost for an extra key????

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
like 50 bucks or something like that.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Remote start is cool and all but as soon as somebody can tell me how to add alarm sensors to the Lexus alarm while retaining the immoblization aspect and everything else then now we're talking. I hate that someone can kick/tap/hit my car without it possibly going off.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In my opinion i would just install a new alarm. Can't really play around with factory installed alarms nor anything else. Could void your warrenty. But i don't know sometimes you can find the right person who knows what they are doing. I keep my car in a heated garage so i don't really need remote start and nobody really messes with it either. I guess it is just another toy to have.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
a duplicate key from Lexus is not $50, it is around $200. We had made a third key from Lexus before and it is $190+. Very very expensive key.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't know it was that much!! The guy who sold me the car is friends with the fam so he hooked me up on the rims and the spoiler. He only told me it would cost me 50-60 bucks for the key. Sorry for the wrong info.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have been to a couple of shops but I haven't really paid too much attention when there talking. They all say they can do anything I want. Would I run into the same problem if I wanted to add shock protection? Or adding shock protection really isn't a big deal. I really dont want remote start just the shock protection for rims and stuff. Besides if someone really wants ya car. Say BYE BYE! just want to slow them down or make them think twice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts