Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys where can i find a good source for a remote power source for my Rockford Fosgate Amp? I know on the aftermarket radios you can use the Blue "power antenna" wire. Since the IS doesnt have a power antenna, where can i tap into to power up my amp? Any help would be appreciated. I am dying to install my infinty perfect10 subwoofer. I think that this is all this car is lacking. Thanx!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know most if not all aftermarket radio have a remote power lead coming FROM the radio. Look for the same wire in the stock radio. There is usually a wire diagram on the radio to show what wire is what. If you can’t find it, just tap the power lead wire coming INTO the radio. The downside of using that wire is the amp will always stay on until the car is shut-off. You can always add a toggle switch though.

Btw does the amp have line level inputs or rca input jacks? Check the stock radio to see if it has rca outputs. More than like it won’t. if not then you will have to lose a set of your speakers to add the amp.

good luck and keep us posted on what you find out when you pull out the radio.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts