Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my research it seems like the only turbo kits still on the market are the Peter Farrell Supercars (PFS) kit, the Boost Logic kit, and the SRT Stage 2.75 kit. (Is this correct?) I'm looking for a turbo kit that is around the price range of these ($6k), and I am not planning on too much power as I want to retain the stock 5spd tranny. Does anyone have any suggestions between the three or if there are any others? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Getting a prebuilt kit is the best way to go. If you want to upgrade, you have a really good platform to build from.

The companies you have mentioned are the top choices around here. These are actually the only companies that I know, who sell shippable complete kits. There are many other choices but they are probably in house shops.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting a prebuilt kit is the best way to go. If you want to upgrade, you have a really good platform to build from.

The companies you have mentioned are the top choices around here. These are actually the only companies that I know, who sell shippable complete kits. There are many other choices but they are probably in house shops.
Which of the 3 would you advise? It seems that more people have used the SRT but I am not sure if it is the best for what I want. I don't want to pay too much and I don't need too much power. I'm not into breaking trannies lol

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Which of the 3 would you advise? It seems that more people have used the SRT but I am not sure if it is the best for what I want. I don't want to pay too much and I don't need too much power. I'm not into breaking trannies lol
If your not breaking the w55 your not driving it like you should be:p

·
Registered
272 Posts
I put 30k miles on a w55 while boosted (starting 70k into it's life) including lots of autocross and a few track days. That was at 360whp, and I think I was driving it like I should've been. In my opinion, the key to protecting the w55 is to keep the stock clutch... if the stock clutch is slipping, then you're making too much power for the transmission to handle anyway. I am now running an r154, but I never did break the w55, just upgraded in preparation for more power.

As far as kits go, I have also seen some people with the turbonetics kit. I believe it's a cast manifold instead of the tubular one you would get with the others. Personally, I would go with one of the three already mentioned, but I wanted to point out that it was an option.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
From my research it seems like the only turbo kits still on the market are the Peter Farrell Supercars (PFS) kit, the Boost Logic kit, and the SRT Stage 2.75 kit. (Is this correct?) I'm looking for a turbo kit that is around the price range of these ($6k), and I am not planning on too much power as I want to retain the stock 5spd tranny. Does anyone have any suggestions between the three or if there are any others? Thanks.
Our turbo kit is currently on sale for the budget price you want to be at and it can easily make the power you want by keeping the boost levels low with the included boost controller, best of all when you are ready for more power all you have to do is turn a knob to increase and without any additional expense you will have more power than your tranny will know what to do with. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.