Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've had the CF TRD grill for about two months and everyday I looked at it , I hated the fact that you can see the stock horns just hanging there...

So i finally took care of that this weekend.....

I found a way to hide the stock horns that are behind the TRD grill... It was pretty easy and didn't have to cut any wires...
Remove grill..there is a small hole towards the lower end of that center bracket... There is a clip there that holds the wire harness in place.. Take it out ... Remove the horns from there current location and then with new Bolt, Nut, Lock washer... place both horns on the center support pillar/brackett... One of the horn brakets will be lay in front and the other behind... They will bascially line up right underneath grill by the metal bumper reinforcement....

It will look sweet once the horns are not visible anymore...
I will try to get a pic up in a day or two....

Here is the way they look before horn relocation...

Here is how they look after:

I know guys.... I love to do someting new to my car every weekend!!!! :0

Joe Z :chill:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AzNrAcEr said:
cant see it....damn yahoo :lol:
F'n tell me about it... all i have now is the before pic, the after pic will come soon... I'm convinced when i'm at work and I link the pics, some people can see and others can not??? weired?? Same thing happens from my home PC... If a link a pic from home PC i can not see it from my work PC... Yahoo blows!!!! :pissed:

Can other people see my pic?

Joe

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MadMonkey said:
cannot see teh pic...please repost a link to pictures
Well the only PIC i have up there is of the way it looked before i moved them... As soon as I get new PICs I will post a link with how they look now...

R808IS300 said:
So we have to buy a bolt, nut, and lock washer to do this correct???
Yes, that is correct.. a new bolt, nut & lock washer... The bolt has to fit in the size of the pea hole... Don't know the size since it was just laying in my tool box..sorry!!!.. But the bolt should be 3/4" to 1" in length....
It took a whole of about 10 minutes including removing the grill!!!

I will a post a pic soon, just have to visit friend with Digi Cam...

Joe Z :chill:

·
Registered
994 Posts
get em up joe i wana see

btw joe...about your graphite rims...PM me the price

please tell me im first in line...i just took my IS in for the 5k service...i saw the graphite rims on the BO IS300 :eek:

it was hot! it will match my GGP nicely

·
Registered
197 Posts
yeah, i just did mine... looks sooo much better :D . For those wondering what size bolt to get, i used a 1/4" x 1" and it was a nice fit.

and unlike the fog mod which people kept saying took them like 10 minutes, this actually does only take like 5min. once you have the hang of taking the grill off. i got really good at it after the first couple times :D, but i did loose a scrivit :pissed: .

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
ev said:
yeah, i just did mine... looks sooo much better :D . For those wondering what size bolt to get, i used a 1/4" x 1" and it was a nice fit.

and unlike the fog mod which people kept saying took them like 10 minutes, this actually does only take like 5min. once you have the hang of taking the grill off. i got really good at it after the first couple times :D, but i did loose a scrivit :pissed: .
fog mod took me 10 min my first time. Hell, i do it in 5 min now. Ask almost anyone that's met me... :lol:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UCLA-IS300 said:
fog mod took me 10 min my first time. Hell, i do it in 5 min now. Ask almost anyone that's met me... :lol:
Couldn't agree with you more... after you taught me ..Fog Mod in 5 minutes... !!!
Horn Relocate - 5 Mins.... DRL Mod... 5 seconds...!!! 8)

Fog Mod usually comes free with my local intake install..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe Z

·
Registered
197 Posts
Joe Z said:
UCLA-IS300 said:
Couldn't agree with you more... after you taught me ..Fog Mod in 5 minutes... !!!
Horn Relocate - 5 Mins.... DRL Mod... 5 seconds...!!! 8)

Fog Mod usually comes free with my local intake install..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe Z
My problem was getting that damn relay back in. Although i guess it would have been a hell of a lot easier if i would have had the right tools instead of trying to jam my hand in there to get it back in place :oops: .

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
did it...thanks man...

and i think a 3/4" length bolt will work too...
1" was kinda long....for all those sticklers...might want to go for stainless steel instead of zinc plated...those bad boys will rust like a mofo

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As promised here are the before and after pics of the stock horn relocation.... This should be a definite MOD for everyone with a mesh grill.. Let's makes this a "FAQ"...

Before :noway:

and a couple of sweet afters, including my SportX bumper swap... :D

Joe :chill:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
33 Participants
Crazy Mikey
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing