Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for something that is super reliable on a daily driver. I don't have 10g's to spend and im not looking for any ungodly amount of hp. If you have any suggestions, it would greatly appreciated. SC or Turbo, i'll go either way.

Do not flame me if this has already been covered, but i couldn't find anything that answered my questions.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
how much money we talking about here?

i think you should go with a product that is more reliable than vs horses. hopefully your in the 6g budget-ish

otherwise stay stock and enjoy the ride :D or mod for looks

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
So, prolex super charger would propably be the cheapest and safest upgrate if you wanted to go with a charger ? but it only adds like 70rwhp ... and costs 4500 usd.. plus labor.. another 800 bux ? so thats around 5300 usd.. heh.. quite a bit.. nothing cheaper unless you wanted used right ?

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
PLP supercharger would be pretty reliable. Haven't heard any problems with the Powerdyne BD-11 kit yet. Then again not many of these has been sold as compared to the Vortech SQ versions.

Are you from california? Because you may lean towards the appending(maybe approved) CARB legal supercharger kit from PLP.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I took it that you were because you had "SF" in your name.

And definitely something CARB legal. Unless you got some loopholes in where you can still pass without actually "passing"

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
I feel comfortable in saying that there is no reliable turbo kit out there.

If you don't know anything about turbo's, you will have a problem and won't know what to do.

The problem may simple, but there will definately be some issues. I don't know a single person without any.

Good luck. Hope you know what you're getting into.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
sonuva bizatch. i just posted now it didnt work. wtf

anyway, the more conservative you go, the more reliability.
the more modifications you do, the more extra stress you put, the less reliable it gets.

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
I feel comfortable in saying that there is no reliable turbo kit out there.

If you don't know anything about turbo's, you will have a problem and won't know what to do.

The problem may simple, but there will definately be some issues. I don't know a single person without any.

Good luck. Hope you know what you're getting into.
Nutsack De is correct. There is no such thing as perfection, when it comes to forced induction. There will be minor problems and adjustment you will have to make or live with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts