Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. I'm looking to get my Compustar 2WSS-AS installed. I've also got a window rollup module to be put in at the same time.

I got an estimate from a local guy running a small shop and he said he "doesn't trust" compustar systems and that that they tend to randomly stop working a few months after install. Additionally he said he wasn't sure if the DEI-555X bypass module (for remote start) would work, and to bring an extra key just in case.

On top of that, he said that installing the window rollup module would cost about $200 extra because each door panel needed to be accessed. And if $200 dollars later they didn't work, he would charge labor to get the one's he sold put in.

So far, I don't have much trust in this guy. Any other recommendations? And I wouldn't mind driving an hour out of the way to get it done right.

Thanks in advance.

·
Hot Steamy Goodness
1,636 Posts
I had my Compustar installed in Auburn at Auburn Car Tunes [530.885.5132]. They don't usually install them and a few problems were encountered in the process. However, I've had it for over 2.5 years now and it's been working very well.

I also had some custom audio work done at Creations Car Audio in West Sac. I would recommend avoiding them like the plague.

I know of a few people that use Paradyme [916.791.3600] off of Fulton and they seem to be satisfied with them. I have never been in there personally... their shop looks awfully booty to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts