Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to buy a new car in about 18 months and have my choices narrowed to either the Jetta VR6 (about $25,000), the Audi A4 1.8T (about $32,000 outfitted as I would want it), the new C class Mercedes (about $35,000 or so), and finally; the Lexus IS300 which I saw this weekend for $35,000. I was glad to hear by the time I will purchase, the manual transmission will be availible. I don't like automatics.

I don't really know anything about Lexus, but as I said, I was very impressed at the IS300 I saw. Do you have problems with your Lexus car? How does the corporation respond to customer complaints? Do you have any complaints or comments about you Lexus?

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Arik (edited July 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Arik (edited July 19, 2000).]

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't have a lexus but from my relatives and friends' experience, they don't have any problem with their Lexus. All I know is the dealer services (sales and service) are probably the best services you will ever get among all the dealerships... They really put 'customers' ahead of anything...unlike any of these honda/BMW/Mercedez dealerships...where sales people don't give a damn about whether you buy their cars or not... Anyway, I think they're good cars and most importantly, they make you feel being respected.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My '96 ES300 has been great; no major problems whatsoever. Any minor problems that have cropped up were fixed by the dealer at no charge.

The only experience I had with Lexus Corporate was when I found out my car had been repainted before I bought it when it was represented to me as having no paint work done to it.

I called the 1-800 customer satisfaction number and they told me that Lexus as part of the certification process makes no guarantee about the paint condition other than major defects. They didn't seem concerned that one side of my car is a different color from the other (the difference is very subtle, but a real nightmare when you try and have part of it repainted).

So basically they told me to take a hike, which was what I expected. At least I know what to look for when I buy a preowned car and will only trust the certification process to cover major mechanical and electrical defects.

-Jeff

[This message has been edited by Jeff Taylor (edited July 18, 2000).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Jeff Taylor
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing