Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just moved to STL and am going to register my car pretty soon. I have to get a safety inspection apparently. I'll probably just have a lexus dealer do it (plaza, cause it's the only close one). Am I going to have any issues with the clear corners (a.k.a. side markers)? It has the orange bulb in it, but is obviously clear otherwise. Any thoughts? What do they do/look for in a safety inspection?

Then I have to get emissions and a a county dude to say I don't owe any property taxes. I've still got California plates, what more do you need? Seems like a rather lame process from what I can tell so far. Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
no need to worry about your clear corners.

on another note, just sell your IS to me so you won't have to worry about all the inspection/emissions bs! ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahah.....right :) I love my car.

Do you know what the safety inspection is all about/what they do? They just kick the tires and charge me 12 bucks and I'm done? The dealer said it would take about an hour. They better not slam on the brakes or do some crazy stuff with my car.

·
Registered
187 Posts
For emissions info, try this:
http://www.gatewaycleanair.com/

I'm really not too sure what the saftey insection intails to, but I know it is pretty minor stuff like turn signals, brake lights, and just little things like that.

So yea, it is basically does it start, run, roll, and turn. haha

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
All there doing is making sure ur car is safe. They check ur tires turn signals, all ur lights, suspension, windshield wipers umm there might be more. Your clear corners are fine just as long as there is an orange bulb in there. You will have to get a waver on the property tax. I had to do that when i was 16 and never payed property tax. After year here a year you will pay property tax every year and then ur set when you get plates in the future. I know it seems kinda lame but thats the way missouri works. The emissions here is awsome if u dont drive a car thats older then 98 ( i think thats the cut off) because anything newer just gets hooked up to a machine then ur good to go. Of course u have to pay that $24 fee.

I would never give plaza any of my business. They treated my friend like shit when she went to look for her is so she went to Dave Mungenast. They seem to be more polite to you unlike Plaza. Oh yeah there is 2 chicks that work in service that are pretty good looking too ;) I cant wait for my next oil change

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha. Yeah, I've heard stories about Plaza, but Mungenast is pretty far away/inconvenient, and I figure Plaza can't do too much to screw up a safety inspection. They know it's only $12 they are getting, so hopefully it wont' take too long. I was just going to do it before work one morning. Otherwise for everything else I'll take the trip to Daves.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Dave isnt much further and i think no matter where u go its $12 for a safty inspectiobn because its a state thing. Im a 100% sure ur car will pass no problem its usualy older cars u have to worry about.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's true, it's not too much further, but somewhat in the other direction. I just wanted to find some place that is somewhat close to work since I'll just do it one morning at 7am beforehand.

·
Registered
396 Posts
F plaza.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Ooh yeah today i ran into a guy i grad. with. He works at plaza go figure he came in and said hey man bring ur lex to plaza ill hook you up. Not sure if i want to yet or not. I told him i refuse to give plaza my money. He understands

·
Registered
470 Posts
StL_lex04 said:
:flamethro plaza
+1

Plaza is sooooooooooo slow to response to anything!!! They move in 2 speed... slow and slower!!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts