Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need the OEM housing in order to install aftermarket navi unit on the dash? I mean, I sure want it to not interfere with my headunit, because I'll also be upgrading the headunit to something else.

So options:

1. Go with as stated above. Custom head unit AND navi separated for way more $$$

2. Get a 2-in-1 head unit that provides both music and navigation, but most likely will not give the OEM look. (Cannot be closed into the dash)

What should I do?

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
If you're asking about a 1IS (an 03 as your sig indicates) then you're asking in the wrong place, this is for the 2IS.

If you're asking for the 2IS your question doesn't make a ton of sense... there's no dash kits at all for the 2IS, anything you did would be custom, and you can't remove the stock head unit from the car entirely without losing AC controls.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're asking about a 1IS (an 03 as your sig indicates) then you're asking in the wrong place, this is for the 2IS.

If you're asking for the 2IS your question doesn't make a ton of sense... there's no dash kits at all for the 2IS, anything you did would be custom, and you can't remove the stock head unit from the car entirely without losing AC controls.
Opps I'm sorry, I guess I'll PM a mod to assign this to the better fitting place.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Umm this is for the first generation. so youre wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts