Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the term "RED MIST" is applied to people that drive like they did on a track, on public roads (which they shouldn't do for obvious reasons). A few months ago I went to the "IS300 Driving Event" held at the Fed-Ex Stadium (MD). All of us there drove very fast through their road course, not caring if we dialed too much speed because at most we'd hit the cones. It was very fun our bloodstreams filled with adrenalin. Driving events like that, and driving courses (like Skip Barber) really boost confidence.... Anyways after the IS300 event when everyone started to leave, tons of people left by peeling out and driving like maniacs. I guess that's an example of Red Mist and it really exists. Cause after I left the event I drove a lot faster home than I did on the way to the event....
Eric...

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Every time I am done with "Malibu Grand Prix" (go-cart track) I end up blowing through the stop sign as I leave the parking lot and I get a little "wake up call" that my "street car" doesn't brake like those little go-carts.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i love malibu. that places is fun. speedzone down in so cal is a lot better though. but after racing go carts and playin video games u get this crazy rush and want to drive crazy. also after watching gone in 60 i got this urge to make my own road rules. haha

mike

·
Registered
541 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
Every time I am done with "Malibu Grand Prix" (go-cart track) I end up blowing through the stop sign as I leave the parking lot and I get a little "wake up call" that my "street car" doesn't brake like those little go-carts.
I nearly spun out my 330i for the first time Wednesday night after a sesssion at MGP in Redwood City. Not the car's fault though. I took a 25 mph ramp (San Antonio Rd. East off of 101) at 65 and, because it was night, I lost my bearings and my nerve on the tight curve and made the mistake of applying my brakes, causing my rear end to break loose just a bit. Luckily I had scrubbed off enough speed so that I didn't spin and I didn't hit anything. But it made me realize that a full-size automobile ain't a go-kart. ^_^

[This message has been edited by Young (edited September 23, 2000).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Young
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing