Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NICE IS350 that may be mine in the future. :) That or Blue the blue comes in next week. I got to take it for a nice spin on the freeway. Definitely faster than hell. Feels like a low boost turbo but

The car is a lot more stable. Paddle shifters are great, get to red line fast though so you have to pay attention lol. Heard some rumor about a turbo that Lexus would actually order and install under warranty in about 4 months. Either way I am sure someone will make a turbo for one. Which would just be sick. Inside is a bit small for me, but little people such as kids can sit in the back. Sorry my dumb ass forgot to take pictures of the interior. It is loaded with all options. I dont know if I like the wheels though. I like the non chrome alloys.

Forgot to add. This car a sweeeet ass suspension set up stock for it. This thing hugs the road well. Better than my wifes C230K. That car has wicked stability. This car has as much stability but a lot more manueverability than the Benz. I couldnt feel any under or oversteer. The car almost feels nimble like a sport bike. I think everyone should hurry and get one :)

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
the day Lexus installs a turbo under warranty, will be the day......... my s/c creates 100psi of boost.

it just wont happen. just like that TRD supercharger for the IS300 never happened and people held their breath.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Woah... first IS350 I've seen with rims...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AltezzaBob said:
the day Lexus installs a turbo under warranty, will be the day......... my s/c creates 100psi of boost.

it just wont happen. just like that TRD supercharger for the IS300 never happened and people held their breath.

I am just telling you what the dealer said. I dont think the dealer will install one. I know someone will make one though. Twin turbo it like the Z car. Would be nasty.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BennyLex said:
aftermarket wheels? they look cheap.
I dont know what the hell those wheels are. I dont like them. They said they put them on for the showroom floor. They had a lime green (I dont know the exact color yet, just started looking at them.) with the same wheels too. I would still drive it.

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
LexusCruiser said:
I dont know what the hell those wheels are. I dont like them. They said they put them on for the showroom floor. They had a lime green (I dont know the exact color yet, just started looking at them.) with the same wheels too. I would still drive it.
was that a at a lexus dealership?

because it it was, ima report this to lexus and have them shut them down for making a new and nice car look ugly.

:lol:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did the tire pressure sensors still work with the aftermarket rims? This is an issue some people believe will happen if you replace the rims. What I always thought was that there is a removable sensor that you just remove out of the original rims and install into the inside of the new ones. Can you find out what is going on with this? Thanks.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
speedyj88 said:
Did the tire pressure sensors still work with the aftermarket rims? This is an issue some people believe will happen if you replace the rims. What I always thought was that there is a removable sensor that you just remove out of the original rims and install into the inside of the new ones. Can you find out what is going on with this? Thanks.
The car can track two different sets of wheels with the sensors installed. You will (should) be able to buy a set of four sensors to install in your second set of wheels.

Though I suppose if you weren't going to use the stock wheels, you could remove them - the sensors attach to the inside of the valve stem...

·
Registered
170 Posts
webmaster said:
The car can track two different sets of wheels with the sensors installed. You will (should) be able to buy a set of four sensors to install in your second set of wheels.

Though I suppose if you weren't going to use the stock wheels, you could remove them - the sensors attach to the inside of the valve stem...
Thats good to know because one of the first things I was planning on doing when I purchase a new IS is to put new rims on it.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Im sorry but that car just does absolutely nothing for me the rear end looks like a tercel or something. Horrible design i think but in a way im kind of glad once the new turbo kit is done on the IS its gonna be in the garage and it will give me the excuse to get the M3 convert. instead of hollding off thinking i would start to like the 350

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
AltezzaBob said:

The ole factory approved FI rumor lives again. :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
OKCIS said:
Im sorry but that car just does absolutely nothing for me the rear end looks like a tercel or something. Horrible design i think but in a way im kind of glad once the new turbo kit is done on the IS its gonna be in the garage and it will give me the excuse to get the M3 convert. instead of hollding off thinking i would start to like the 350

Funny you should mention the rear. This is what I think of when I look at it...

I know it's a cheap comparison, but the tails look very similar. :confused:

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
it's more like this...

now THOSE tails are similar, so don't be confused w/ the 350 now. ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
The new IS IMO looks much better in person especially the rear so if you havent seen it in person you should go see it.

As for the red IS...I saw one in perosn and it is a great colour.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is much nicer in person. I like it. I like the performance better than the looks though. Take those chrome wheels off and it will look much better. I want to see a black one. Anyone have pics of a black one? I want black but I dont think my dealer is getting a black one.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
petaa7 said:
was that a at a lexus dealership?

because it it was, ima report this to lexus and have them shut them down for making a new and nice car look ugly.

:lol:
Yeah it was the dealer who did it. I told them I wanted one with the stock 18's on it. The blue one that is coming in has the stock 18's and no nav. But I dont need nav. We will see, trying to get financing set up now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts