Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the size of the domelight is DE3175 (36mm).

I would like to get a red bulb for the domelight, but not have that pink tint. Anybody have any ideas on brands (piaa, raybrig, polarg) that would accomplish this?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
any of the bulbs you mentioned will probably be red and not pink, i''m guessing you want red cause you have a red car, those bulbs shouldn't be too expensive, trial and error

·
Registered
727 Posts
i actually went a really cheap way, i painted my dome light with a blue sharpe and it worked pretty well for a while but eventually wore off. i heard nail polish works too.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Okay, why would you want to do this. I actually use mine, when I need to find something in the back?? not being a jack-ass, just wondering why you would want to do it? :wink:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would just like to have that red ambient light when I get in and out of the car. I always put my backpack and paperwork in the trunk. When people sit in the back, there's not enough space for their stuff anyways. I'm going to keep the map lights stock, in case I need to read something.

Oh yeah, I like red :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
lexpression said:
i actually went a really cheap way, i painted my dome light with a blue sharpe and it worked pretty well for a while but eventually wore off. i heard nail polish works too.
thats just plain stupid :shame: , i would rather just pay a lil amount fo da bulb.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
don't use nail polish on the bulb....been there, done that...all it does it heats up and start to burn the nail polish...it's a god awful smell.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, but i really would rather buy the bulb. I would just like to know if there is a bulb that emits a red color rather than pink.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ay red don't paint the dome light with nail polish it will burn off i tried it and it didn't work just spend the couple of bucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
monkeylex
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing