Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm female and I have 2005 is300 lexus/with a lot of miles on it and is about a quart low. My son usually takes care of oil changes, etc.etc. well he's not speaking to me right now and I need someone to recommend the best oil to use, asap. I know the oil he used was in a green bottles and was 5w30.
Please help me, would really appreciate it. I live in Napa, Ca and I have to go to San Francisco at 10:00 am. I love my lexus can someone help a sister out.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Green bottle oil is probably Quaker state or Castrol. Top it up with whatever, then get it changed soon. Won’t hurt to mix brands or dino vs synthetic. Anything is better than running low on oil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank u so much. I really appreciate this. This club for lexus is really awesome. I'm having a tork converter issue I will be back to ask questions.
Thanks again Kat

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I'm female and I have 2005 is300 lexus/with a lot of miles on it and is about a quart low. My son usually takes care of oil changes, etc.etc. well he's not speaking to me right now and I need someone to recommend the best oil to use, asap. I know the oil he used was in a green bottles and was 5w30.
Please help me, would really appreciate it. I live in Napa, Ca and I have to go to San Francisco at 10:00 am. I love my lexus can someone help a sister out.
First off. Go up in weight of oil. You will probably need 10w 40 or higher. I run Rotella oil.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you are not changing it, just add any 1 quart of 5w-30 oil for now. Its not going to harm anything. Then you can change it after your trip.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30 full synthetic motor oil on my car
My previous owner used conventional Castrol GTX. Since my ownership, I used Havoline Synthetic Blend twice. Doing my next oil change soon and imma use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
wingnut
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing