Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend someone local that can help me install springs and shocks and then do an alignment?

Looking to do this around Thursday/Friday of next week.

Please help!!! Thanks :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, if you didn't see it
<--
I'm in Northern Cali. Thanks for the suggestion though. NorCal people...what do you suggest? Post or PM, thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
blue_j said:
Can anybody recommend someone local that can help me install springs and shocks and then do an alignment?

Looking to do this around Thursday/Friday of next week.

Please help!!! Thanks :)
J, my bad. i have been busy @ work & havent gotten back to you.

Exact Motorsports
www.exactmotorsports.com
1624 S. Main Street |Milpitas, CA 95035
T: 408.416.0061 & 408.416.0062 F: 408.416.0063

plus they are one of our sponsors for the meet next week

u watchin the fight tomorrow???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
r.maestas said:
blue_j said:
Can anybody recommend someone local that can help me install springs and shocks and then do an alignment?

Looking to do this around Thursday/Friday of next week.

Please help!!! Thanks :)
J, my bad. i have been busy @ work & havent gotten back to you.

Exact Motorsports
www.exactmotorsports.com
1624 S. Main Street |Milpitas, CA 95035
T: 408.416.0061 & 408.416.0062 F: 408.416.0063

plus they are one of our sponsors for the meet next week

u watchin the fight tomorrow???
Will be at weddings/receptions ALL DAY tomorrow (2 weddings!) :crazy:

Anyone I should ask for over there? Any special pricing for .net members?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
49IS300 said:
I called exactmotorsports and its $150 to install springs maybe about $50 - $100 more to do shocks and springs.
Thanks...I wonder why the extra? They sorta go together, don't they? :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
blue_j said:
49IS300 said:
I called exactmotorsports and its $150 to install springs maybe about $50 - $100 more to do shocks and springs.
Thanks...I wonder why the extra? They sorta go together, don't they? :-?
I just assumed...I called other shops and they quoted me $300 for install than an extra $100 for shocks also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
ASP (Auto Sound Performance) in Daly City; Top of The Hill. i got my Tein Stech installed for $210. that INCLUDES an alignment also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
blue_j said:
r.maestas said:
blue_j said:
Can anybody recommend someone local that can help me install springs and shocks and then do an alignment?

Looking to do this around Thursday/Friday of next week.

Please help!!! Thanks :)
J, my bad. i have been busy @ work & havent gotten back to you.

Exact Motorsports
www.exactmotorsports.com
1624 S. Main Street |Milpitas, CA 95035
T: 408.416.0061 & 408.416.0062 F: 408.416.0063

plus they are one of our sponsors for the meet next week

u watchin the fight tomorrow???
Will be at weddings/receptions ALL DAY tomorrow (2 weddings!) :crazy:

Anyone I should ask for over there? Any special pricing for .net members?

email glen at [email protected] for who to talk to over there and i am sure since they are sponsoring the meet they should take care of you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,944 Posts
Ok i dont understand this

to lower any car, you must

take stock spring off shock
put new spring on shock

i mean shit there is no way around it, they should not even charge you for the shock install.. I don't understand this shit. Call Bozz prolly 125 for both....

You can always rent lift time from PLP and do it yourself, it's not hard at all.

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is300soon said:
Ok i dont understand this

to lower any car, you must

take stock spring off shock
put new spring on shock

i mean sh*t there is no way around it, they should not even charge you for the shock install.. I don't understand this sh*t. Call Bozz prolly 125 for both....


David
Dave -- that's my thinking exactly!
Anyways, I'm going to check with all the places everyone recommended and whoever can take the best care of me and seems to know what they're doing (it's actually really simple, but I don't feel like doing it on my own nor do I have the equipment or space) is the one I'll go with.

-Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
blue_j said:
is300soon said:
Ok i dont understand this

to lower any car, you must

take stock spring off shock
put new spring on shock

i mean sh*t there is no way around it, they should not even charge you for the shock install.. I don't understand this sh*t. Call Bozz prolly 125 for both....


David
Dave -- that's my thinking exactly!
Anyways, I'm going to check with all the places everyone recommended and whoever can take the best care of me and seems to know what they're doing (it's actually really simple, but I don't feel like doing it on my own nor do I have the equipment or space) is the one I'll go with.

-Jeff

Keep us updated with the shop you went to. I may be getting mine done really soon also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts
blue_j said:
davchang11 said:
yeah, try bozz...they did mine for 120, springs should be same as spring and shocks
Did that include alignment though?
no, that didnt include alignment....needed to wait for them to settle...got the alignment done for 60 i think in daly city at hilltop auto, right by asp....he does alot of work on nsxs
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,944 Posts
I always wait 2 weeks and or 500 miles after drop to allign.

David
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,944 Posts
ok man no problem

David
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top