Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install a nav system in my 2001 IS300 using factory housing. I would also like to add ipod compatibility to my stock audio system.
Can anyone refer me to a local vendor that can do this for me? I live in San Jose, CA.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would like to install a nav system in my 2001 IS300 using factory housing. I would also like to add ipod compatibility to my stock audio system.
Can anyone refer me to a local vendor that can do this for me? I live in San Jose, CA.
Man it's easier to do everything by yourself. For Ipod u can do aux in mod total cost about 50$ plus your time. Second option is an adapter but it's kinda expensive but there isn't much installation though plug and play pretty much. Search the forum somebody posted info about this adapter few days ago.
As for the navi I got one myself. I assembled the housing(I don't think the shop will do it and if they will they'll charge up the ass for that) Then I glued Kenwood LZ-702W touchscreen monitor in it and hooked it all up to Kenwood KNA-G510. To tell u the truth that's where I went to the shop. They just wired
KNA-G510 to the car. That's it:)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Do it yourself man! Save you a couple hundred bucks; plus, it's fun.

But to get back to your question, a couple of my friends had stuff done at a place called Wireless World. There's a couple locations, one on Steven's Creek (I think), one near the Oakridge Mall (but this time of year, you don't want to be anywhere near that place), and one out in Morgan Hill. I have never had any experience with Wireless World, but it seems like they do a pretty good job and are fairly priced (except for the Metra Harness which they will try and rape your for).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the responses. If I had more free time, I would try it myself using a related thread from 2002 for the nav and much more recent posts for the ipod. But at the moment, it makes more sense to outsource the task. :) I called a few places (including the dealership), but no one seems interested in taking the job. I’ll give Wireless World a call.

Follow-up question for atchksov: Did you buy the housing parts directly from the dealership? How much did it cost? If possible I’d like to avoid them since the usually charge a significant premium.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks for the responses. If I had more free time, I would try it myself using a related thread from 2002 for the nav and much more recent posts for the ipod. But at the moment, it makes more sense to outsource the task. :) I called a few places (including the dealership), but no one seems interested in taking the job. I’ll give Wireless World a call.

Follow-up question for atchksov: Did you buy the housing parts directly from the dealership? How much did it cost? If possible I’d like to avoid them since the usually charge a significant premium.
"Call Leroy at 678-795-2050 from Nalley Roswell Lexus Parts
25% off of all navi parts" original post by Monkeypee thread "Navigation Install"
I bought full package from him with motor and ECU for about 700$ don't remember exact price and it was a bit more than a year ago. Speaking of ecu and motor u can skip this parts but the screen wont open neither will tilt in fact u'll have to figure smth out how to keep it open 'cause it wont stay open by itself. If u skip this parts the housing will cost almost twice cheaper but from what I heard it's not worht it. That's the whole point of buying oem navi housing is having oem look and have it open and close like oem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts