Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone in the northeast area tell me which coilovers to get to handle our crappy shiiiittty roads in nyc? i want a smooth comfortable ride with great handling, oh and i am going to lower the car to about 1". my plan was to go with tein cs-t but friends are telling me to go with tein flex but i think i would feel every pot hole and pebbles in the street. so guys please help me out any recomendation on coilovers would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
For a smooth ride, there is nothing you can do but stay with stock suspension. Coilovers have spring rates that are just too stiff for the conditions you described.

You either deal with the harshness of the ride with performance benefits

OR

You keep your stock suspension and keep rolling on.

If you really feel the need to lower your car, just get the Eibach Pro-Kits.

·
Registered
27 Posts
im not a hero but im trying to save you right now !!!!

hmm bilsteins and eibach setup seems fine for me bronx area..... just got to mind the dips and deeper pot holes...but the ride is pretty smooth and stiffer of course but nothing cant been the ride comfort of stock but its a give and take .......so yea bilsteins and eibach

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Not really coilovers your worried about yet.. RIMS and TIRES...

I drive my Evo all the time in NYC.. down town and even the rare but never want to do again. Washington Bridge. Its the rims and tires seriosuly that your worried about.

Get some Megan coilovers or Tein Basics.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not really coilovers your worried about yet.. RIMS and TIRES...

I drive my Evo all the time in NYC.. down town and even the rare but never want to do again. Washington Bridge. Its the rims and tires seriosuly that your worried about.

Get some Megan coilovers or Tein Basics.

i strongly agree about the rims and tires. went thru 2 nero m&s tires and they arent cheap for 1. the bmw 3 series has wide tires but that might look ugly on the IS no?. how does tein cs-t handle in new york roads?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
nyc and modified cars.... bad combo.... no matter what you do coilovers or not its going to be rough driving.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
+1 on the Koni/Prokit...the CST's lower more than 1 inch. I used my Koni Prokit combo (on the lower perch) in NYC and did fine. no scrapes, bottom outs, or harshness. plus you can adjust it to your liking.

Reactions: ElusiveIS

·
Registered
143 Posts
im rockn Tein Basics n i got no problem . i live in long island which got ok roads but im always in queens which is like hell . you just gotta know how to drive and you will be ok . . .

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
GREDDY TYPE s

I LIVE IN THE TRISTATE, AND THEY ARE GREAT. BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK AT ABOUT $1200

BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK RIGHT NOW ON COPILS IS THE GROUP BUY FOR THE HKS RS COILS FROM AARSON TOYOTA

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
hey E is that what ur rockin pro kit and koni
no, i have the JIC FLT-A2s now.. but they went bad (bought them used). thinking about switching to prokit + koni combo though instead of getting the JICs rebuilt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts