Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the mazzuri headers and y-pipe and now i decided i wanna get a hi flo cat just to get rid of the smell and everything. dont really know anything about these so i was trying to see what kind everyone recommends. also a good cheap place to buy it from to. and i was just wondering where i should weld it in. ive seen people do it in the y-pipe but i dont know if i should closer to the headers or closer to the b-pipe or just in the middle

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
there are a lot of threads talking about this exact thing

anyway, i have the magnaflow spun cat welded to the y-pipe, just before the flange.

but if you search for those threads you'll find all the info you'll need. i went into a lot more detail in a couple of them as to what i did

·
Registered
638 Posts
After doing some research ive decided doing the same setup as bbatl6 with the mangnaflow spun cat welded into the end of the y pipe. Hey bbatl6, did you use model #59956 which is 2.5" and I believe 8" in length?

·
Registered
594 Posts
i have that setup too^^ thats exactly right, i believe its 9in instead of 8in

Reactions: SexusinmyLexus

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
After doing some research ive decided doing the same setup as bbatl6 with the mangnaflow spun cat welded into the end of the y pipe. Hey bbatl6, did you use model #59956 which is 2.5" and I believe 8" in length?
i actually don't know it's length, but it fits perfectly in the bent section of the y-pipe just before the flange. but i did use #59956, which is 2.5". if you are going to try to fit it in the b-pipe (which i am not too sure about the fitment), you will need to get a different model number because the diameter is 2.25" and not 2.5"

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
IMO Random Tech makes the best high flow cats.

EDIT ooooohhhhhhh evil post 666!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts