Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

my is is past-due for changing the timing belt. from what i hear, it is best to have this done at a shop where they know what they're doing.

can anyone in the montreal area recommend a shop to have this done? my usual tire/oil change people are good guys but i wouldnt trust them to take apart my engine. they have no experience with lexus.

thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a good guy that works out of his house. He used to work at a Nissan dealership and has been working out of his house for many years now. He specializes on Z cars but does all japanese. He also does modifications. He is very meticulous and doesn't charge much. He changed my oil and manual transmission oil at 3000 kms and did a very good job (no mess). He has done alot of work on my previous car like change timing belt, complete brake jobs and fluid changes and I have been very satisfied with his work. If you are interested PM me and I will give you his co-ordinates. He works out of his house in Laval near the Pie-IX bridge.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
You have 160,000km's already?

Try Lexus, there pricing on the Timing belt, timing belt tensioner and water pump is fairly reasonable....I found. Make sure you do all 3 of these while the tech is inside the motor.

Digger08

mani said:
hi all,

my is is past-due for changing the timing belt. from what i hear, it is best to have this done at a shop where they know what they're doing.

can anyone in the montreal area recommend a shop to have this done? my usual tire/oil change people are good guys but i wouldnt trust them to take apart my engine. they have no experience with lexus.

thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts