Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All --

As you can probably tell from my UserName, I am a dissatisfied Audi owner -- can go into all the details some other time. I have had my 00 1.8TQM since this past June and it has been nothing short of a nightmare.

I am looking to replace it in the next couple of weeks and live in the DC metro area.

I have read several post that indicate that folks are purchasing 2001 IS300 right around or slightly above invoice -- is this accurate?

Also, if anyone has leased recently, can you provide me the terms and if you don't mind, what you are paying for your lease. I am still debating whether I will purchase or lease my next vehicle -- I do understand the pluses and minuses of both.

Thanks in advance for any info and I look forward to joining the Lexus family soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have a very funny post because i am in the opposite situation. I was a VERY satisfied owner of a 1999 Audi A4 1.8TQM and I am a VERY DISSATISFIED 2001 IS300 owner. I am absolutely DYING to get back into an Audi. BTW what are the problems with the vehicle. If you ever want to do a little swap let me know. Here's my e-mail address:
[email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Most Lexus dealers are blowing them out the door for a couple g's under list. I got mine for $2500 under MSRP up here in Canada.

I too drove an Audi 1.8 for a while and it is no comparison to the IS300. The A4 was just way to loud and slow. POS in my opinion compared to the IS300. 4WD and interior finish were nice in the Audi though.

Go for the IS300 - you'll love it. True luxo-sport sedan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Leased: 524/mo. for 60 mos. But Lexus added a very large rental fee of $12K. So in the end if I were to purchase the car (keep in mind by that time I would have paid over $31K in payments), I would still owe $16K. Do the math, it isn't worth leasing to buy later.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by jzazak:
You have a very funny post because i am in the opposite situation. I was a VERY satisfied owner of a 1999 Audi A4 1.8TQM and I am a VERY DISSATISFIED 2001 IS300 owner. I am absolutely DYING to get back into an Audi. BTW what are the problems with the vehicle. If you ever want to do a little swap let me know. Here's my e-mail address:
[email protected]
Unusual. Why are you dissatisfied?

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Because he doesn't like all the standard features a IS300 has over Audi. He also prefers less horsepower and a tired old body style. He likes the crappy stereo without having to pay for the disk changer that has to sit in his trunk. Furthermore, he prefers to take his car into the shop a lot more often and dislikes a smooth, sporty ride..unless of course you count his mom, but she is more like public transportation from what I hear.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
Because he doesn't like all the standard features a IS300 has over Audi. He also prefers less horsepower and a tired old body style. He likes the crappy stereo without having to pay for the disk changer that has to sit in his trunk. Furthermore, he prefers to take his car into the shop a lot more often and dislikes a smooth, sporty ride..unless of course you count his mom, but she is more like public transportation from what I hear.

Ouch. Agent, have you had your cappucino yet this morning?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lease:

the basic deal going through Lexus right now is $399/mo. 39 months with $2000 down for 12,000 miles.

mine...
nothing down= $459
add LSD and graphite wheels= $479
15,000mile/year= $505 per month

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got mine yesterday for 32K loaded - nothing down. Used the Lexus special financing @ 6.6%/60m.

It's a pretty competent sport sedan. My other car is a Miata, so I know handling.

------------------
01 Solar Yellow

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:

ROFLMAO...ouch!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, Agent, why don't you suck my dick before going off and making assupmtions -- after your mom is done with my knob!!!! Because she just can't get enough -- I just finished on her so we can now talk!

For the rest of you who respect my enthusiast attitude to my decision...

The following problems are what I have experienced with my car:

1. Brakes squeeling -- since 1500 miles -- ends up the entire rear break system needs to be replaced -- after reporting the problem three times. Nothing wrong -- until I ask them to pull all four wheels off -- bad calipers, bad rotors, bad pads, bad lines -- oh, yeah , nothing is wrong

2. Bose stereo -- $650 upgrade -- thing sucks aside from quality -- thing skips around -- whether it is stereo or cd mode

3. Exhaust/fuel Leak -- latest and greatest -- can barely drive the car -- I may die driving this car around the Beltway

4. Cold Start -- thing rattles like crazy -- never heard anything like it before -- checked CC cover for rocks and nothing -- definitely coming from engine

So Agent, when you grow up and know a thing or two about cars, give me a heads-up -- other wise, keep rooting your mom on!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
AnythingbutAudi,
Dont tell someone to suck your dick you illiterate POS. Agent wasnt talking to you he was talking to jzakak. Jzazak said he disliked the IS and Agent responded because anyone that likes the audio A.4 over the IS is on crack. Please read before you reply. You must feel stupid now, huh?
<snickers>

------------------
Greatest of All Time
*Black on Black o1' IS
Fully Loaded
HKS Hiper Exhaust
H&R Springs
K&N Filters
Tint
Clear Tails

·
Registered
365 Posts
Umm... AnythingButAudi, you seem confused
I believe Agent Smith was talking in reference to the post jzazak made, not yours... Look at the post cardinal_creek made right before Agent layed the smack down
So next time before going off on somebody that was talkin smack, make sure you know who that somebody was talking smack to...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, I feel so bad!!! Let me tell you how bad I feel...

Maybe if you sorry ****s could read, he was responding to my thread.

Feel stupid now? God, I thought the AW forums were bad, but now I have been introduced to an entirely different level of immaturity!!!

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Originally posted by AnythingButAudi:
Oh, I feel so bad!!! Let me tell you how bad I feel...

Maybe if you sorry ****s could read, he was responding to my thread.

Feel stupid now? God, I thought the AW forums were bad, but now I have been introduced to an entirely different level of immaturity!!!
Well, this is what it looked like to me;

jzazak posted about being dissatisfied with the IS300 and wanted to go back to the Audi. cardinal_creek then said, "unusual. why are you dissatisfied?"
then Agent posted a scorching comment with a reason why jzazak would be dissatisfied.

mature? calling ppl names and telling them they can't read? how mature is that? how are you so sure that you read it right? why don't you ask Agent who he was referring? then if you are right you can continue calling ppl names and stating their reading comprehension is wack. but if you find out he wasn't referring to you, be prepared to recieve what you are so willing to dish out.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by AnythingButAudi:
Perfect -- Agent, who were you talking about or what were you talking about?

I stand waiting to be corrected...
ABA, I suggest you edit your post aimed at Agent Smith! See, Agent is a gun-guru and a little disturbed at that. A lethal combination. LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just want to note that it wasn't my intention to offend anyone on this board -- especially being a newbie. I openly apologize for anything that I said to anyone that offended them.

I was trying to find useful information about the wonderful car many of you own and many of us desire to own.

Please accept my apologies and I give you my word that I will be an upstanding forum member in the future.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts