Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I may be the first in Los Angeles, CA to get a TE Budget kit, I am totally excited! I will be dropping my car off tomm at the turbo shop down here, and probably pick it up within a week, transformed into a beast! I have an 05 E-Shift by the way, I cant wait to see how my car will drive after the kit is installed. I've test driven a new EVO, and STI, but I'm sure our boosted IS's will feel a lot better or so I've heard..

I got the following upgrades:

Valve Body Upgrade
Tranny Cooler
Polished piping and polished turbo

I will post pics when I get them and dyno results when I get the chance, I cant wait!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Awesome, congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking... how much did you pay for the kit, and how much whp are you pushing for?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Congrats, would you take me in the ride when you are done. I'm considering a turbo kit also, only been in s/c IS but not t/c IS. Just want to feel the different. What shop in Socal. I've asked Malek and got a real good respond from him.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
w00t, another boosted CA .NETter :)
Congrats!
Yeah, take me in your ride when finished, too. I'm considering supercharger but I want to hear how turbo sounds, too.
BTW, you are not getting highflow cats?

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
i was at TE last night. they were getting like 4 or 5 more kits ready to ship out today. there business seems like its realyl taken off. props to jeff and his crew

·
Registered
910 Posts
The wait sucks, but when i drove away from TE and heard that turbo whine for the first time, it put a smile on my face that hasen't gone away yet. The kit runs great and sounds mean as hell.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
it will actually feel alot different from any evo or sti

you'll love it! keep us posted

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
mikefate said:
i was at TE last night. they were getting like 4 or 5 more kits ready to ship out today. there business seems like its realyl taken off. props to jeff and his crew

Take some spy pics....I miss my baby :(

BTW congrats Turbo Brother! ;)

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
^^^im still n/a!!! i was actually checking out your car. looks so sick. its up on the lift. the LC sticker on the back window looks awesome. and that guy brandon from tx, his car is still there. so much work going on. i was extremely impressed with jeff and shawns organization. the garage is immaculate. you could eat off the floor. and that new guy sam is real cool too.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
it took about 3.5 hours down there from northern nj....traffic(rush hour), and heavy, sporadic rain. the way home it was crazy foggy. and i couldnt see anything. stupid MD. TE is in the middle of no man's land

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
someone get me a damn pulley

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Let me remind you that Tech support will be minimal for getting it done by someone who doesnt know his kits...

THis is based on a conversation i had with Jeff..

Give me a call, i sent you a PM but you never replied..

Also, polished piping in a LA is a bad idea.. You shoulda went with black...

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
mikefate said:
im goign again. tell jeff what you weant and ill pick it up
I need a 12psi pulley for his old SC kit.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
3rd dibs on ride and to get to scope out your engine bay.

B.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
I hope everything works out well for you. I'm in your same position almost. My kit should be at SPL Autotuning, IL before the end of the month and then I head down to have it installed. I can't wait!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Malek - I never got any PMs from you. Please PM me and I will explain and let me know why it is not good to go with polished piping.

Regarding the kit, it is being installed and will be ready this Friday G-d willing, (keeping my fingers crossed). I am so anxious to get my car back when its all done to see how it feels/drives/sounds.

The kit ran for a little over $5k and expecting to push at least 300RWHP.

I am real happy that it will feel better than the Evo, those cars are quick! I will be happy to take enyone for a ride intersted in getting one of these kits. Both Jeff and Sam are very helpful and knowledeable in what they do. I will let everyone know how my kit works out as soon as I get the car back!

After I get it back, Lo Jack, Radar Detector/Jammer, Gauges will be next in line...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Kick ass. Congrats. I can't wait to get mine........Someday.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts