Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved this recall in the mail yesterday. Has anyone else seen or done it? I love my IS, but this is like the 4th recall! What gives? Never had this much with my other cars.

·
Registered
67 Posts
brought my car in about 2 weeks ago for a check engine, vsc and trac light. they also informed me about the fuel pressure line recall which they fixed along with a faulty catalytic converter which caused the lights to go on. after the fixes my car runs much better imo. the converter was covered by the federal emissions warranty so didnt have to pay for that also. btw did you have the spring valve done also? the reason i ask is a friend of mine mentioned that he got a $500 visa card to use only at lexus dealers when he got the spring valve recall done. i cld lexus corporate and mentioned that i had all these recalls done and i didnt get visa card. they took my info down and will call me when the card gets sent out. you should look into that. i have a '06 is 350 with 35,000 miles. gl! don't cl the dealer as he has nothing to do with the card. you have to cl the corporate office.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting on the visa card deal....I did have my Spring Valve recall. What is the phone number that you call?

I took my car in yesterday and they did this recall (fuel sensor) while I waited so that is now out of the way.

·
Registered
67 Posts
cl 1-800-255-3987 cant remember which option it was......think it was #2 and if that's not the right one just tell them about the lexus visa card and they'll get u to the right dept. gl!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called and they told me I was awarded the powertrain extended warranty instead so no Visa for me. :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
For all of you thinking about getting the recall done i have to say what's to think about? it's a free service. When I got mine done the dealership said good thing you did because the car was leaking fuel. Lexus has a good reason to do these recalls. It's costing them lots of $$$$ and you nothing. They had to change the fuel sensor gasket also to stop the leak and now I'm not leaking fuel anymore. I had to do 4 recalls and I did them all. they gave me a free loaner car for 4days also. ES350 2010. It's no IS 350 but it still was very good for a loaner. Had Sat radio also. I enjoyed it, 100 percent free. Best service I ever got in my life. GO LEXUS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts