Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I'm really late but whatever. Build begins here Graphite Grey Pearl 2004 Lexus B01B (LSD) 5spd IS300.
I have always loved the IS300 and I waited and saved forever to buy the perfect one. It had many blemishes when I bought it so I'm going to try and fix everything over time.

I just finished a humongous update! CLICK HERE FOR A GIANT SEVEN MONTH UPDATE

How it looks 9-11-16:

Just A Quick Re-Cap of the Process

2-18-16 Loads of new pictures on this page!

Went from: 8-6-14

Figs Header Heat Shield installed; Modellista headlights installed; Testfitted MBN Front Bumper (almost ready for paint): 5-18-15 Click here for updated pictures
To This

Looked like this: 3-22-15 Pictures before new bumper

From this: 11-23-14 (Page 6-->Old photos)

Represent all wet... 12-17-14 (More on Page 7)

Tinted Tails 8-27-14

New Headlights and fogs; Plastidipped front grills 9-14-14

HKS Axle-Back Carbon Ti Exhaust 10-1-14 (Kept stock resonator because I still want it quiet)
Stock vs. HKS PICTURES LOST SORRY!!!
Definitely louder, especially above 3k RPM; low, minor hum in 5th gear on the freeway. At idle, not obnoxiously louder than stock. I love it because it has a noticeably lower tone which is what I wanted. Thanks to: Speed Image USA in San Jose.

Needs a wash but this is how it looks with BC Coilovers on 10-27-14 (More on Page 3)

Stock Height:

Washed and went driving in the hills, stopped for a couple pics, sorry about the front quality. I will take better ones on Skyline Blvd. 10-29-14

Authentic Chargespeed D1 Style Kits fabricated to match-up to USDM bumpers. I drove 5 hours to LA to get my hands on these. Then, my IS's name is "Fansical Unicorn" lol. Since she is my daily driver, I'm driving around with the sides and rear on heh so ratchet.
Here's a little instagram-editted pic of the ratchet Fansical Unicorn 11-2-14 (More on Page 4)

Decided to plastidip and install sides and rear until I get the whole kit painted. 11-15-14 (More on Page 4)

TunedParts Rigid Bars, LED installs (Page 5)

(For more pictures of the completed, painted kit go to page 6)

PU Greddy Replica Front Lip (winter) RIP; changed instrument cluster. 12-14-14 ; 12-15-14 (More on Page 7)

The List

Engine/Transmission
Competition Clutch Clutch Kit from TH Motorsports (SMF)
JoeZ Intake
K&N Drop-In Filter
Figs Heat Shield
HKS Draggar II Axle-Back Exhaust
Manual B01B LSD

Suspension/Brakes
Polished Aluminum Powder Coated Rays Versus Campionato SS7 with authentic Ltuned Center Caps & Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
_______Front: 18x7.5 Tires: 225/40R18
_______Rear: 18x8 Tires: 255/35R18
Centric Premium High Carbon Brake Rotors
Centric Premium Front Brake Pads
Centric Premium Rear Brake Pads
BC Racing BR Coil Overs
Swift Springs 12k/10k
Eibach Front and Rear Sway Bars
Eibach 15mm Spacers on Front
KDD Front Upper Control Arms
Moog Front Lower Control Arms
Mevotech Premium End Links
TunedParts Rigid Bars (chassis braces)

Extras
Authentic Chargespeed D1 Style Lip Kit
MBN Sports Front Bumper Customized
Authentic Ganador Chrome Side Mirrors
Pioneer AVIC5100NEX In-Dash Screen
Whistler CR90 Radar Detector
Sport Design Grill
Black Pearl Emblems
'08-'10 Chrysler Sebring Antenna
JDM Modellista Quad Projector Headlights with Halo and Demon Eyes
VLED Mishimoto HID D2R Bulbs
OEM Lexus Fog Lights
Clear Front Side Markers
Clear Courtesy Light Lens
PWJDM Bumper Fasteners
Hella Supertone Horns (painted dark-green)
Hella Sharptone Horns (blue/yellow)
Blox Racing Neo-Chrome Shift Knob
Green LED in driver's window switch
Lexus LED Emblem Door Light
V-LEDS DRL, Tail/Stop Light, Map Light, Dome Light, Side Markers
LED Reverse, superbrightleds License Plate, Courtesy, Instrument Cluster (V-LEDS in 194 spots), IGN Ring, climate controls/ashtray/cigarette lighter

Waiting to be Installed
Figs CDD Device, StopTech Steel-braided brake lines, Ducktail spoiler, Boss Rear-View Camera, Genuine JDM Altezza fenders with side markers, black diamond mesh (for front bumper)

Boost Build?
Pending

Future mods:
Figs G3 Hood prop, Wilwood E-Brakes, upgrade fog light bulbs to VLEDS or 3000k HID (undecided)
I still want Lowenhart BR-5's

New HD toe links and Trac links, and beefier control arms, Dezod Steel Driveshaft, HKS adjustable cam gears, bigger throttle body, upgrade spark plug wires, can't change too much because California. Ultimately leaning towards rebuilding a 2jzgte for when this one blows...only time will tell
JL 10w6 or w7
Will repaint entire car eventually, and maybe Seibon or TRD Carbon Fiber Hood. I want to get the SRT turbo kit but my wifey would kill me. ENJOY!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks good. Good to see people take pride in their cars. Will be cool to see your progress along the way.

I'm moving out to Southern California end of September and taking mine with me. Loading it on a trailer and making the trek across country.

Maybe I'll catch you in bumper to bumper traffic burning up your clutch some time.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not that far of a commute for work; besides there's this technique called giving people room in front of you and I double clutch all day to save my Synchros ;) .. I actually take pride in driving well so see you out there!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
New Stuff!

Ordered some altezza clear foglights because one of mine is cracked. Will plastidip my grill and some interior parts hopefully this weekend. I'm debating on BC Racing coils, CX Racing or Megan's Racing ones (much like a bunch of others in here). I can get the Megan EZ Street's for $630 out the door, or the BC's for $950. No price on CX's yet. My goal is to just get rid of wheel gap, tuck the 18's a little. I will not be going to the track as this is my daily driver and I usually have a picky woman riding shotgun who only cares about comfort. I have read the numerous threads. No tokico and springs or Konis and springs plz, im set on coilovers. Andrew, at the shop, says to just go Megan's, so I'm leaning towards them and only seen a couple bad reviews where one blew after around 30k miles. I'm going to buy them this weekend;but I'm semi-stuck on which ones to buy, suggestions? No bashing please..thanks.:pissed:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm...

BC coils for sure
Tobias have you tried both? Nice build thread btw, I read a lot of it before you even welcomed me on my build page. Love the blue!

·
Registered
433 Posts
A buddy of mine has the megans and it doesn't ride too harsh. But for a picky woman who loves comfort I say kick her ass out of the seat and get what you want lol. All seriousness go with bc coils if you are concerned about comfort bro. and good looks on the 300!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
A buddy of mine has the megans and it doesn't ride too harsh. But for a picky woman who loves comfort I say kick her ass out of the seat and get what you want lol. All seriousness go with bc coils if you are concerned about comfort bro. and good looks on the 300!
Thanks for your input; I am definitely convinced on BC's now. Going to have to wait a little longer so I don't dent my bank too hard. Fog lights came in.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now I need new headlights. One of the adaptors didn't work so I had to solder my own. I also realized how badly the previous owner treated the poor front bumper. Well only one option: get a new one!! Pics coming soon

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Updated pics. Next up either coilovers or new bumpers. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, my driver's side, rear lower control arm bushing is cracked and the wheel gap is about a half inch lower on that side. Going to have them re-do the entire suspension all at once. BC Racing Coilovers coming soon. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Look what came today XD

Waiting on the damn extension adjusters (for rears) which weren't sent originally :frustrate

1 - 20 of 153 Posts