Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let's face it Texas is a great state to call home but it appears some of the PL doesn't feel the same. even though some .net members like to generalize and pretend this state is nothing special....you can't ignore the facts.


1. This state was an independent nation from 1836 to 1845.

2. Texas is the only state to enter the United States by treaty instead of territorial annexation.

3. When Texas was annexed in 1845 it retained the right to fly its flag at the same height as the national flag. (won't happen in another state)

4. Austin is considered the live music capital of the world.

5. Everyone knows we have the best looking women.

6. The capital building in Austin sits 7 feet higher than the one in Washington, D.C. (won't happen in another state)

7. The first word spoken from the moon on July 20, 1969 was Houston.

8. We have 3 of the top 10 most populated cities in the US.

9. Obviously the second biggest state, from El Paso it is a shorter distance to California than Dallas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Now I Really Don't Ever Want To Move To Texas!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me! Is that all you got? For starters, reason #5 is crazy. If my memory serves right, the song goes "I wish they all could be California girls." Not Texas girls.

CALIFORNIA IS THE BEST STATE IN THE NATION.

1) We have the 7th largest economy in the world! Where does Texas rank?
2) We have more beaches than any other state.
3) We have the best weather in the Nation. Texas has thunderstorms every
other day.
4) We have the most beautiful cities(San Diego/San Francisco/Santa
Barbara, etc..) in the nation.
5) LA is where everything is happening. Dallas/Austin/San Antonio hardly
compare.
6) California has the best looking women!

I can go on forever.............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
555 Posts
Texas, where recycling is defined as throwing something out the window so a prison inmate can pick it up.

:chill:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,143 Posts
jmess said:
Texas, where recycling is defined as throwing something out the window so a prison inmate can pick it up.

:chill:
At least we put our inmates to work instead of comforting them in prisons with cableTV and internet access.

:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,585 Posts
Re: Now I Really Don't Ever Want To Move To Texas!!!!!!!!!

you also have the highest homosexual population.

Ill stay away thanks...

angelncali said:
Are you kidding me! Is that all you got? For starters, reason #5 is crazy. If my memory serves right, the song goes "I wish they all could be California girls." Not Texas girls.

CALIFORNIA IS THE BEST STATE IN THE NATION.

1) We have the 7th largest economy in the world! Where does Texas rank?
2) We have more beaches than any other state.
3) We have the best weather in the Nation. Texas has thunderstorms every
other day.
4) We have the most beautiful cities(San Diego/San Francisco/Santa
Barbara, etc..) in the nation.
5) LA is where everything is happening. Dallas/Austin/San Antonio hardly
compare.
6) California has the best looking women!

I can go on forever.............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
West Virginia is by far the best state in the U.S. :eek:


:shame: Hands down :shame:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
hatchback said:
1. This state was an independent nation from 1836 to 1845.
That's only because the U.S. gov't didn't want it at the time (seriously! Not because the knew the size of Houston mosquitos :eek: ) Pres. Andrew Jackson couldn't persuade congress to annex it. It took Pres. Polk to tie in the purchase of California and New Mexico into the cost of settling things with Mexico's gov't in order for Texas to become part of the union. But things turned complicated when in less than a year the U.S. declared war on Mexico, and California revolted. So California ended up coming free.

hatchback said:
2. Texas is the only state to enter the United States by treaty instead of territorial annexation.
Right. Refer to the above.

hatchback said:
3. When Texas was annexed in 1845 it retained the right to fly its flag at the same height as the national flag. (won't happen in another state)
This is a popular myth that a call to your local state representative can dismiss. The Texas flag code passed by the Texas legislature actually reads "[w]hen flown from adjacent flagpoles, the national flag and state flag should be of approximately the same size and on flagpoles of equal height." The implication is that the flags would fly at equal height, but as you can see it has been gingerly walked around. They will tell you that there is no legal basis for the Texas flag to be flown as high as the national flag. But nobody goes around enforcing this: nobody cares.

hatchback said:
4. Austin is considered the live music capital of the world.
Yes.

hatchback said:
5. Everyone knows we have the best looking women.
The beaches of California and Hawaii says otherwise. Oh, I forgot about your wonderful Gulf...

hatchback said:
6. The capital building in Austin sits 7 feet higher than the one in Washington, D.C. (won't happen in another state)
Your state says otherwise.

http://www.tspb.state.tx.us/SPB/Capitol/TexCap/TexCap.htm

hatchback said:
7. The first word spoken from the moon on July 20, 1969 was Houston.
And many children's first spoken words were "poo". Abraham Lincoln's first spoken word in the Gettysburg address was "Four". And Saddam Hussein's last word will be "Aaaauuugggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" We do not look upon any of these to be some sign that "poo", "Four", or "Aaaauuugggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" associated states will be the bestest state evar.

hatchback said:
8. We have 3 of the top 10 most populated cities in the US.
Yes, but California has two. (Los Angeles and San Diego) And together they're bigger then the sum of the three Texan towns. And New York alone easily exceeds the sum all three of the three Texan towns twice over.

hatchback said:
9. Obviously the second biggest state, from El Paso it is a shorter distance to California than Dallas.
From Providence, RI, it is a shorter distance to Massachussets than it is to Newport, R.I. Uhh, so what was the point again?

:wink: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,780 Posts
Off-TRAC said:
hatchback said:
1. This state was an independent nation from 1836 to 1845.
That's only because the U.S. gov't didn't want it at the time (seriously! Not because the knew the size of Houston mosquitos :eek: ) Pres. Andrew Jackson couldn't persuade congress to annex it. It took Pres. Polk to tie in the purchase of California and New Mexico into the cost of settling things with Mexico's gov't in order for Texas to become part of the union. But things turned complicated when in less than a year the U.S. declared war on Mexico, and California revolted. So California ended up coming free.

hatchback said:
2. Texas is the only state to enter the United States by treaty instead of territorial annexation.
Right. Refer to the above.

hatchback said:
3. When Texas was annexed in 1845 it retained the right to fly its flag at the same height as the national flag. (won't happen in another state)
This is a popular myth that a call to your local state representative can dismiss. The Texas flag code passed by the Texas legislature actually reads "[w]hen flown from adjacent flagpoles, the national flag and state flag should be of approximately the same size and on flagpoles of equal height." The implication is that the flags would fly at equal height, but as you can see it has been gingerly walked around. They will tell you that there is no legal basis for the Texas flag to be flown as high as the national flag. But nobody goes around enforcing this: nobody cares.

hatchback said:
4. Austin is considered the live music capital of the world.
Yes.

hatchback said:
5. Everyone knows we have the best looking women.
The beaches of California and Hawaii says otherwise. Oh, I forgot about your wonderful Gulf...

hatchback said:
6. The capital building in Austin sits 7 feet higher than the one in Washington, D.C. (won't happen in another state)
Your state says otherwise.

http://www.tspb.state.tx.us/SPB/Capitol/TexCap/TexCap.htm

hatchback said:
7. The first word spoken from the moon on July 20, 1969 was Houston.
And many children's first spoken words were "poo". Abraham Lincoln's first spoken word in the Gettysburg address was "Four". And Saddam Hussein's last word will be "Aaaauuugggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" We do not look upon any of these to be some sign that "poo", "Four", or "Aaaauuugggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" associated states will be the bestest state evar.

hatchback said:
8. We have 3 of the top 10 most populated cities in the US.
Yes, but California has two. (Los Angeles and San Diego) And together they're bigger then the sum of the three Texan towns. And New York alone easily exceeds the sum all three of the three Texan towns twice over.

hatchback said:
9. Obviously the second biggest state, from El Paso it is a shorter distance to California than Dallas.
From Providence, RI, it is a shorter distance to Massachussets than it is to Newport, R.I. Uhh, so what was the point again?

:wink: :lol:

nice rebuttal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
now we all know how OFF-TRAC spends a friday night. what you got planned for tomorrow night? maybe an all-night magic the gathering tournament or possibly a Rob Schneider movie night?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Off-TRAC said:
^ (Isn't it still Friday night? :lol: )
you may be able to use the internet to research facts but your still a dumbass! if you can't figure out what is wrong with your logic above then maybe you should stay home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
(Nobody missed a single thing. Going out for an evening and being back by as 1:30AM is a sad thing I personally wouldn't call attention to. :wink:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,086 Posts
hatchback said:
you may be able to use the internet to research facts but your still a dumbass! if you can't figure out what is wrong with your logic above then maybe you should stay home.
He's right..you're wrong..move along little boy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
I know its all about the fun but..................we "Maine" border Canada. You border mexico. :lol:
We were voted not only number one place to raise your children in the country, but number 6 to live. Top 10 for scholastic app.
Whats weird we are the whitest state in the union as well?
Just the facts mam.
Oh and we dont kill people within our legal system. Then again we dont have the idiots you have running around either, George Bush included.......a true fockin rep of what tex has to offer besides big hats and non-functional shoes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
VainGlutton said:
I know its all about the fun but..................we "Maine" border Canada. You border mexico. :lol:
We were voted not only number one place to raise your children in the country, but number 6 to live. Top 10 for scholastic app.
Whats weird we are the whitest state in the union as well?
Just the facts mam.
Oh and we dont kill people within our legal system. Then again we dont have the idiots you have running around either, George Bush included.......a true fockin rep of what tex has to offer besides big hats and non-functional shoes.
so start a Maine thread....there's a reason that thread would never leave the first page. nobody talks about maine because there's nothing to say period.

here's an example of what Maine is known for.....
http://www2.thingstodo.com/states/ME/facts.htm

I love how the first fact is "More wooden toothpicks are produced in Maine than in any other state. " :lol: WHOHOOO! I guess that's why i never hear of anyone proud enough to call Maine home.

Im not going to spend any more time arguing with you ladies over whose state is better. The bottom line is no other state has the level of pride and love for their state that we share and no internet post is going to change that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Hey now... careful about Maine. That's my old stomping ground. :pissed: And I would be proud enough to call Maine home. Maine is the shit... if you don't like it, then great... stay out! :crazy:

hatchback said:
VainGlutton said:
I know its all about the fun but..................we "Maine" border Canada. You border mexico. :lol:
We were voted not only number one place to raise your children in the country, but number 6 to live. Top 10 for scholastic app.
Whats weird we are the whitest state in the union as well?
Just the facts mam.
Oh and we dont kill people within our legal system. Then again we dont have the idiots you have running around either, George Bush included.......a true fockin rep of what tex has to offer besides big hats and non-functional shoes.
so start a Maine thread....there's a reason that thread would never leave the first page. nobody talks about maine because there's nothing to say period.

here's an example of what Maine is known for.....
http://www2.thingstodo.com/states/ME/facts.htm

I love how the first fact is "More wooden toothpicks are produced in Maine than in any other state. " :lol: WHOHOOO! I guess that's why i never hear of anyone proud enough to call Maine home.

Im not going to spend any more time arguing with you ladies over whose state is better. The bottom line is no other state has the level of pride and love for their state that we share and no internet post is going to change that.
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
About this Discussion
61 Replies
34 Participants
SeattleSheila
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top