Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im due for my 10k mile service. the nearest dealer is 2 hours away. why exactly should i make the drive to pay 100 bucks for an oil change? does it void warranty if i get it done somewhere else?

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Unless it is a warranty related issue, I would not take my car to the dealer. They charge too much. The 10K is an oil change, rotation of tires and balance. You do not need to take it to the dealer for that.

·
Dr. JDM
6,678 Posts
why would it void the warranty? the advantage would be to get to drive a lexus loaner car for the day (if the dealer offers that)

·
8,827 Posts
There is no reason to drive to your dealer just for an oil change.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Why would you want to get a loaner just for an oil change. Do it yourself if you have the place. Or you can always bring it to a toyota dealer or other mechanic shop for cheaper.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
fuct said:
i'm at 16,500 and i haven't done either the 10k or 15k service yet... all the oil changes have been taken care of, plus new tires... i still need to get in done though....
what's left to be done? :lol: The 10k and 15k services are just oil changes and tire rotations for the most part. If you have new tires and did the oil changes, there really isn't anything left except for re-torquing the driveshaft bolts. Just make sure you get that done at your 30k service.

·
8,827 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
yeah but Lexus will keep a record off all maint. and service on your car, and if you trade it in they show them to the next buyer
If you trade, you could care less. :lol:
I know I don't. It raises the trade-in value of the vehicle by exactly $0.
I do most of the maintenance myself for various reasons.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
whatever, I am just saying if a major part was replaced by you and then something happened, after the vehicle was traded in etc...there is no proof that it was replaced.

Also I know A LOT of Lexus owners that trade in for newer or different models

thanks

·
8,827 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
whatever, I am just saying if a major part was replaced by you and then something happened, after the vehicle was traded in etc...there is no proof that it was replaced.

Also I know A LOT of Lexus owners that trade in for newer or different models

thanks
As I said, after the trade-in, you could care less.

Major parts are covered under warranty to begin with. It is not part of service.

I am also one of the Lexus owners that traded-in older model for the newer one.

·
8,827 Posts
davchang11 said:
i take it to the dealer so when i sell it privately i can show them records
and let them kno it was always worked on by a lexus dealership.
If you compare the price difference between Lexus serviced and non-Lexus serviced you would be able to get for your vehicle when you sell it, it will not be worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.