Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the last few time I aligned my car that my front passenger side toe setting was always way off of spec prior to doing the alignment. I was told and read that it could be due to the front LCA bushing going bad or what not. When looking under the car I don't know what to actually look for to see if the bushing are worn out. Can anyone chime in. I know it's not the camber that's eating away at the edge of my tires because my camber out back is worse than the front. My wear in the rear is near perfect. I'm thinking the wear is due to scrubbing for having bad a bad toe setting(just on the front passenger side) even though the wear on the front tires is similar. Are there any other things or signs that I should look for to see if is indeed my front control arms? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
all the bushings should be inspected especially if you have a higher milleage vehicle. bad bushing will cause alot of different symptoms from appearing including toe settings. the alignment shop should have checked those for you before doing any adjustments and told you that they need to be replaced.

Reactions: MIZIKE

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to make sure they look for worn bushing when i take it in for an alignment, I need to get 2 new tires first and throw on my camber kit first. I do have like 150K on the clock right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts