Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is cause this board has no direction. The people that have real-world issues such as questions on the IS get lost in the world of "CL-S is Faster" and "What IF the IS had...". I used to be an active participant on the board but lately ever since all the ramblings have gone on and on about nothing, I lost interest. I still love my IS and want to thank everyone for all their helpful insight (my door ding is now history... woo hoo). Banging heads with each other is not going to get anyone anywhere. After all the dust settled, Geoff actually has some interesting points and I enjoy listening to his posts as much as the next man's. Let's just keep this board interesting and fun. After all, isn't this what the car is about. Interesting and fun. And sufficiently radical.

Mike

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I think Geoff would love supraforums. Then he could screw around w/ people like Tozer, Guilly, Mr. Akimoto, Yellow Supra, etc. Those guys over there are hilarious, they have degrees in $hit talking. It's a great place for entertainment, although I find it kinda junk that guys that ask for tech help don't seem to get as many answers as the posts that simply say "You're a $hithead, Supras suck, my car is faster than yours, etc." I gotta give credit to Warren for starting that place though, and to Webmaster and TEG for maintaining this place. Peace.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I keep asking webmaster to create an "IS300 owners forum" so that us owners can migrate over there away from all the non IS300 noise in the general forum.

Come on Tony - do it please!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by HIBBoyScott:
I think Geoff would love supraforums. Then he could screw around w/ people like Tozer, Guilly, Mr. Akimoto, Yellow Supra, etc. Those guys over there are hilarious, they have degrees in $hit talking. It's a great place for entertainment...
LOFL, yeah Guilly and Tozer are quite a pair. I agree wholeheartedly with first hand experience in what you're talking about.
I'd link a long-*ss tirade I got caught in with those clowns, but its been de-archived by now.

------------------
Kenny
3.2 TL

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
ISOwners forum with a valid VIN required to join....that could be cool....just as long as it is not just a big circle jerk.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
ISOwners forum with a valid VIN required to join....that could be cool....just as long as it is not just a big circle jerk.
Not secure enough. Any a$$hole could copy the vin off of a car on the dealer's lot.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
No need for proof of ownership to get to the forum.

Once we start an IS300 owners forum, I will be free to delete any posting which doesn't appear to be from an IS300 owner talking about their car...

I feel that my "hands are tied" over here in the general forum - I try to get people to talk about the IS300, but many people want to talk about "competing" cars in this forum.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
thing is, the car has arrived so all the speculations have been put to pasture, the ppl who have the car are too busy enjoying it, those who don't own one are left to look on and either dream or diss, there aren't many problems to discuss (good thing) and the car is still too new for aftermarket additions so what can we talk about? aside from the occasional flame wars when somebody talks sh1t for giggles and the forum members bored as they be feel an urge to say something...its mostly the newbies who want to ban ppl or counter immature/irrelevant threads with those of their own...once you've been here long enough you chill out, like Clam...until the aftermarket gets established, the posts will decline in quality.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I anticipate things like:

1> Heated debate about replacement tires
2> People asking if their problem is unique (like "my Bridgestone is bubbling, is anyone else having this problem?" Or "how many people have spongey brakes?")
3> Tales of driving fun.
4> Tales of road mishaps.
5> Tales of strange comments from other people ("Is that the new 4 door Supra?")
6> Tales of dealer service experiences.
7> Ongoing reports of fuel mileage, performance, autocrossing, etc, etc.
8> News about changes coming for next year.
9> News/opinions about car care products - waxes, paint protection, leather care, etc.
10> News about IS300 member get-togethers. Rally's, Shows, etc.

I don't think we will have any problem finding content...

Personally I don't mind if there are only a few posts a day to read through. I am tired of this 50 posts a day (90% garbage) that I have to deal with now.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
true, i would rather have five solid topics than 20 instantaneous incoherent technobabble flames, but it does leave me with nothing to do since im usually on the board until the wee hours of the morning...wake up, check the board, go to school, come home, check the board, scratch myself, check the board, refresh constantly, go do something or other, scratch myself some more, check the board, go to sleep around 330am since nobody else is up besides TEG and the one or two insomniacs...i spend half the day on this board, a quarter of it in school, and a quarter driving my car...if theres nothing on the boards, i end up with a crapload of time to do stuff....NOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
TEG, I think it's because you can only talk about certain things so much...how much can you beat the thing about interior and exterior care? It's been asked on the forum before, some people gave their opinions. It consists of the same waxes over and over...Zaino, Blitz, Mother's, whatevers. The tuning and aftermarket isn't established yet, and I think many on this forum are unwilling to do ANYTHING to their car unless it protects the warranty. That kinda limits the discussions on tuning, since just about anything and everything will void something. U guys could always seperate everything into a bunch of different forums, but I kinda like having one forum where most stuff takes place. It is easier, IMHO, to look in one forum than to look through a bunch. One for general discussion on the IS3, one for performance mods, one for interior mods, one for IS3 vs other cars, one for owners, one for non owners, one for this one for that...I'd just forget where the posts were after a while. I do understand where you're ocming from though, but I really don't know what you guys can do about it. U yourself said that you don't have the time/energy to be banning posters and making sure they don't come back...There are always going to be those that break the rules or are only going to start flame wars. Maybe an Anything Goes forum could be started that could just be left alone, then none of you guys would have to moderate it, and everyone can get out their frustrations with each other.

Oh yeah, and nobody is gonna mistake it for the new 4 door Supra...We all know Supras ain't that slow!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts