Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

well if you look closely you can see that the edges are bald (i flipped the tires once)

so this is why i got this done.

it turns out i had like toe in and out. it was really bad. im not quite sure how my alignment got so bad. but now i have no toe and one degree of camber in the front (which is within oem specs!!!!) hahahaa and 2.5 degrees of camber in the rear, which was the most that we could adjust.

i was gonna post this up a lot earlier, but the day after i got the new tires put on is when i got my car backed into. so basically its been sitting in a body shop for like two weeks now. ohh wells

ohhh and this is why you need a lsd!

getting stuck up driveways really kills me :pissed:

Reactions: chrisridebike8

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Nice, my car is def due for an aligment. I have really bad camber. Ill probably need those megan traction rods

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'm guessing you're auto, because I already have LSD :)

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing you're auto, because I already have LSD :)
yes i am auto

i actually know a couple manuals that don't have LSD... i thought it was weird

·
Registered
117 Posts
im manual with no lsd =*( i think they discontinued LSD as an option for the last year of the is300 production. my tires on my stocks looked like that but i finally replaced them and got an alignment 2 weeks ago

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
again, i'm going to say with negative camber on our cars, you NEED toe IN. zero toe doesn't do anything. i don't care what your experience is with other cars is, but i've had -2 up front with 1/8" toe in and i had even tire wear.

i made the mistake last year of going with 0 toe up front. although i had nice turn-in response, i wore out the inside corners in a year.

next alignment is going to be 1/8" toe in again up front and 1/16" in the rear.

PS - LSD will only help tire wear if you're burning up one tire more than the other.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
again, i'm going to say with negative camber on our cars, you NEED toe IN. zero toe doesn't do anything. i don't care what your experience is with other cars is, but i've had -2 up front with 1/8" toe in and i had even tire wear.

i made the mistake last year of going with 0 toe up front. although i had nice turn-in response, i wore out the inside corners in a year.

next alignment is going to be 1/8" toe in again up front and 1/16" in the rear.

PS - LSD will only help tire wear if you're burning up one tire more than the other.
maybe i'll get another alignment soon.

as for the lsd. i get stuck up a lot of driveways so thats why i want it.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
i'm afraid the stock LSD doesn't help with that. i still get stuck on driveways when they're really bad. Torsen sucks when it comes to losing traction completely in one wheel. it works when there is a difference in traction, but if its 100% and 0% then it doesn't do shit.

you'll need a good clutch type LSD to conquer driveways

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
hmm maybe i need an alignment or maybe not, i always check my tires, but they have barley any wear on them. for lsd wise.. damn i need one. but mike you sold ur gsxr? ?!??! im looking for one right now u bastard.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm maybe i need an alignment or maybe not, i always check my tires, but they have barley any wear on them. for lsd wise.. damn i need one. but mike you sold ur gsxr? ?!??! im looking for one right now u bastard.
i wanna pick up another gsxr
or maybe a r6 50th anniversary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts